BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default What Space marine chapter do you play?

Before the new codex comes out id like to take a snapshot of what chapter(s) everyone plays. id make this a poll but there are just way to many chapters for that. so instead id like everybody who want to participate to list there chapters in a nice consistent format so that a week from now i can go count up everyone's posts and list the results in the post below.

the rules for posts
    1. only loyalist chapters. if someone wants to start this same thing for chaos id love to see it but i want to keep this thread manageable

2. if you place comments in your post put two blank lines between in and your chapter so its easy to count.

3. for non fist founding chapters please place the name of your founding chapter after its name, or unknown (save me some time on lexicanum)

4. please place the word homebrew before a chapter you made yourself

example post:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

ultramarines

sons of Medusa - iron hands

minators - unknown

homebrew - angles of bitterness - dark angles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for following the format rules it will make this a million times easier to count up.

results

3 Ultra marines
    1 fire angles
    1 nova marines
    1 aurora chapter
    1 *violet avatars
    2 iron hands
    1 sons of Medusa
    1 *foe hammers
    1 *emperors pryde
    1 raven guard
    1 revilers
    2 raptors
    2 white scars
    6 imperial fist
    3 black templar
    3 crimson fist
    1 *ghost wardens
    1 *brothers of fire
    1 *sons of romulus
    2 salamanders
    10 blood angles
    2 knights of blood
    1 lamenters
    1 angles sanguine
    1 *sanguine brotherhood
    1 *quantum chevrons
    8 Dark angles
    1 guardians of the covenant
    1 angles of absolution
    1 disciples of caliban
    8 space wolves
    unknown
    2 exorcists
    1 minotaurs
    1 iron snakes
    1 red scorpions
    1 astral claws
    2 storm wardens
    1 blood ravens
    1 *surly Templars
    1 *blood wolves
    1 *sword sworn
    1 *knights of the emperor
    1 *sons of ares

chapter /fists founding /sucsesors(offocial) /sucsesors(hombrew) /total
    Ultra marines /3 / 3 / 1 / 7

iron hands / 2 / 1 / 2 / 5

raven guard / 1 / 3 / 0 / 4

white scars / 2 / 0 / 0 / 2

imperial fist / 6 / 6 / 3 /15

salamanders / 2 / 0 / 0 / 2

blood angles / 10 / 4 / 2 / 16

dark angles / 8 / 3 / 0 / 11

space wolves /8 / 0 / 0 / 8

unknown /- / 9 / 5 / 14

Poll closed above are the results

i was surprised at the prominence of imperial fist players, i suspect there will be a lot of bolter's re-rolling 1's next month. i was however expecting a lot more black Templar players however if GW is seeing this kind of data it may explain why they were folded in to codex space marines

What do you think of the data? are there any trends we can pull from it?
    Last edited by kire; 08-28-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Chapter-Master

Ok... So, like this:

I like chapters that are awesome. Chapters that are awesome are way awesomer than chapters that aren't awesome. Actually, I'm being silly. My two marine armies are meant to epitomize the two different things that Space Marines do: mindless zealous slaughter and brilliant tactics. For that reason, my two chapters are...

Knights of Blood - Blood Angels

Exorcists - Unknown (But who are we kidding, probably Grey Knights).

In the same vein, I'm kind of thinking of starting Grey Knights, because it would be interesting to use them as Allies for my Exorcists, and I'm too self-aware to imagine that anything I start to buy as Allies isn't going to eventually turn into a full faction.

I mean, who am I kidding? I know who I am. I know what I am. *Sob*. Relatedly, I also play Sisters of Battle.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Exactly like that i hope we can get a nice big data set. i should probably add myself in too

Blood ravens - unknown

Chaplain

Well, I quickly got bored with painting powered armor, so I painted my Space Marine army as a "crusade" made up of representatives from different chapters. I have a terminator squad of Imperial Fists, a tactical squad of Ultramarines, a devastator squad of Dark Angels, an assault squad of Blood Angels, etc.

In the old rules-set, I used the "vanilla" codex to represent 'em - not sure what I'll do now!

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm not sure if this counts, but I play various Heresy-Era Legions. The fluff just speaks much more to me, and I love exploring the different marks of armour. To play, I enjoy legions that complement one another and have similar discipline and moral codes. I have about 1500pts of each, except the Ultramarines (5000). So, here's the list:

XIII Ultramarines

IX Blood Angels

VII Imperial Fists

X Iron Hands

VI Space Wolves

V White Scars

Brother-Captain

As a fan of artillery, tanks, fortresses, swords and being downright stubborn there was only one choice of army for me.

Imperial Fists
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Battle-Brother

Crimson Fists - Imperial Fists
    Black Templars - Imperial Fists

Veteran-Sergeant

Crimson Fists

I'm looking forward to the new Dex. If the rumors are true, re-rolling 1's will help with Get's Hot rolls for my Sternguard squads!

Dark Angels

Guardians of the Covenant - (Dark Angels)

There is only one Chapter and that is the Dark Angels.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast