BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of Kings

Librarian

Default Wrath of Kings

Has anyone seen/watched this kickstarter?

Fantastic looking models, well priced, settings is nice and different, and the rules look simple.

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-kings?ref=users[/url]

Already funded 400% and barely started.

I saw it when it went up, not actually that keen on the models myself. Too many really sexualised female sculpts, those that aren't I don't like and the aesthetic for the most part seems like a weird mash up of anime and traditional fantasy with a bit of steampunk. I like some of the art though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I had the same thought about some of the females but the vampires and iron eye don't seem so bad.

Something about it just seems off to me, I don't know what it is, it just seems lacking in soul I think, its seems like its been thrown together to make a kickstarter while the band wagon is still filling up, rather than being a passion project that needed money to get off the ground

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    I had the same thought about some of the females but the vampires and iron eye don't seem so bad.
    You mean the same Iron Eyes who is wearind her underwear and some ***-less chaps? That doesn't seem sexualised to you?

Librarian

I never said that I said she's not overly sexualised like some of the models. I know ill be green stuff some of the models to de sexualise them.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Has anyone seen/watched this kickstarter?

Fantastic looking models, well priced, settings is nice and different, and the rules look simple.
    I found the models to be a mixed bag of things I liked, and things I didn't. The price is OK for a CMoN Kickstarter, and the rules are OK. The setting / theme doesn't work for me at all - it looks and feels kitchen-sinky, like each designer picked something they've had on the back burner and decided to push forward.

I'm not backing, as I can't even find starters for 2 faction that I'd really want to own. I stopped tracking yesterday, and will take another look when the campaign closes in a few weeks.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Librarian

Have a read of the stories if your undecided by the background, having read the nasier one it has changed my opinion on some of the models.

Thanks, but if the models don't attract me visually, the background is kinda irrelevant.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Kinda looks like Rackham all over again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast