BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    That is impressive with so few points putting out so much firepower.

Math, statistics and odds never bother with pay attention to my dice rolls though so I'd likely lose all 30 DC to overwatch when I charge.
    Yeah, with the Warding Stave, if I have to roll them one at a time I'll fail the first one every time. But if you make me roll 15 2+ saves all at once, I'll fail one.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

It amazing how powerful knights are sometimes. How do they cope with the latest batch of Tau and Eldar gundams? All those high strength low AP blast weapons must mess them up. Or do they have a workable counter? I'm really struggling against them at the moment with my Blood Angels.

I wonder how a Suncannon/Shield Wraithknight would do vs the DC. With 3 twin linked small blast ap2 shots it should kill 1/2 before they get into charge range. Another 2 dead in close combat before the survivors get to assault. Of course if you matched points, 2000pts of Wraith Knights would destroy them

however, ive seen draigo+5 paladins+a chaplain charge 6 thunderhammernators with vulkan and wipe while only killing 2 termies........

Not sure exactly how effective it would be but a fully tricked our royal court should do fairly well against it. Add in Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron for extra shenanigans.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    It amazing how powerful knights are sometimes. How do they cope with the latest batch of Tau and Eldar gundams? All those high strength low AP blast weapons must mess them up. Or do they have a workable counter? I'm really struggling against them at the moment with my Blood Angels.
    Tau hard-counter non-Draigowing Grey Knights. It's simply a matter of numbers. Tau are much, much cheaper, with more guns at higher strength and AP and range, can ignore LOS and cover, and trying to charge them just gives them another shooting phase. They have trouble dealing with Paladins, because Paladins just don't care about small arms fire, and Draigo can tank the few high AP shots they get, but GK shooting has trouble killing Riptides and Broadsides due to the lack of high AP. I've been playing Draigowing lately because power armor Grey Knights just lose against Tau and Heldrakes.

You might think that Riptides would be really good against Paladins, but you'd be wrong. Spread out the Paladins, and the Riptides will never be able to hit more than 2 with a blast, ever, and Draigo can tank a few Str 8 AP2 hits every turn for pretty much the whole game.

As for normal Marines, take Land Raiders and THSS Terminators. Tau have trouble dealing with Land Raiders. Also, Drop Pods are decent, just be careful to spread out a lot because you will get hit with stupidly cheap Interceptor. But that's actually not that good of a deal for the Tau, because they won't get Markerlight support then so they won't be denying cover and hitting at BS5+ and all that crap. Play it smart, and it still won't be a fun game because Tau are such a terribly designed codex, but you can still win.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Just curious, but what about a squad of Leman Russ Eradicators ( or whatver the ones with Plasma turrets are called) And give them Plasma cannon sponsoons with a lascannon in middle (or a third Plasma if you can do that) then tack on a storm bolter or heavy stubber up top, and hunter-killer missiles on all three.

I.M.O, the tanks would only need one shooting phase to unload everything, FA of 14 won't care about the plasma, and BS3 won't matter cause of the DC's Unit Size. If the DC deepstrike near them, then one shooting phase is all the Tanks would get, however if they walked on... two phases at least.

@ Darklink - Also, if your taking Coteaz, then you have the "I've Been Expecting you..." for another shooting option against the DC. I don't think you mentioned this on the first page, if ya did, sorry. :P

A pair of loaded Necron Royal Courts joined together (just over 2100 points) should punk 30 DC in 1 or 2 rounds of close combat with few losses. Sempiternal Weave and Phase Shifter for 2+/3+ saves, 10 sets of Mindshackle Scarabs so the DC in base to base kill their buddies for you, 10x Warscythes at Strength 7 with Armourbane, 10x Resurrection Orbs, 10x Tesseract Labyrinth, Reanimation Protocols on a 4+ against any weapon, Ever-living on every single model...

Another option might be Lychguard (Hyperphase Swords + Dispersion Shields) with a -upooled Destroyer Lord. Reflecting Plasma shots back onto the DC might be fun...
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Chapter-Master

Everyone keeps adding characters...
    I think DC should up the ante and add characters to the DC, too.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Bring it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast