BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Horus Heresy Books 2-3 Roundup

Horus Heresy Book Rumor Roundup

Collated from all over the place

Volume II - Massacre (The Dropzone Landings)
    Release Date: "Imminent"

Iron Hands
    Salamanders
    Night Lords
    Word Bearers

Word Bearers Circle of Ash Destroyers

Emperor's Children Kakophoni

Erebus
    Kor Phaeron

via Forge World
    ... hot on the heels of the Primarchs Angron and Fulgrim, Simon Egan will be unveiling the third in this series of mighty warriors of legend at UK Games Day 2013!

...Keith Robertson has been working hard on a brand new unit of Death Guard which you will be able to see for the very first time at Games Day.
    via DrLove42
    The Ferrus Primarch and Fulgrim Primarch models will have a diorama of their duel....the two models fit together
    via warseer's Lorenzen
    ...As for death guard unless Alan changed his plans from the weekender they are to my knowledge getting a terminator squad armed with a lot of chem/rad weapons as he felt the chemical warfare aspect of the death guard hadnt been expanded on much in book 1.

As was said, my talk with Alan was at the weekender and about new units, the Deathshroud do have chem rounds for their hand flamers, but thats it as far as the entire death guard armies "chemical weapons" go.. a couple of extra special rules on flamers. they dont have any kind of rad/chem grenades, that honour lies with Mortarion, Moritats, Seige Breakers and Destroyers.. (3/4 being available to everyone)

the other new units mentioned were the reavers, gorgon terminator squads, medusan immortals (special boarding marines), the kakophony, phoenix guard, the ashen circle (destroyer unit), proto storm shield termies for salamanders, pyroclasts (flame gauntlets), murder terror squads and proto raptors
    Volume III - Battle of Phall
    Release Date: Christmas pre-order shipping in January

Raven Guard
    Alpha Legion
    Iron Warriors
    Imperial Fists (Battle of Phall for the last two)

via Warseer's Pushkin
    I spoke to Alan at the open day and just had a general chat about book 2 &3. He confirmed the plan is to release the two books this year. He also mentioned that the idea was to get all the legions done in some form as quickly as possible and that whilst prospero, calth etc would be done, they don't plan to follow the same order as the black library novels.

This was a very specific point. They don't want to be the model and rules arm of the HH and specifically said that whilst they will include the larger characters I.e. first captains, wh40k surviving characters, they don't want to make All e black library characters or even cover the black library territory.

Another point he made is that they will be doing other battles to ensure other legions are covered sooner, he specifically mentioned the imperial fists. He also made the point that what makes a good novel, e.g. Narrow character focus, doesn't necessarily make for a good campaign book. He specifically talked about looking at known conflicts in a different way (I was eaves dropping at this point to him responding to someone else's question).

What I read into this was battles like Calth, whilst will be included it will be in the scheme of either a broader campaign or looking at a specific aspect e.g. The underground war. They are not going to verbatim copy know no fear - for example.

Also spoke to alfonso who designs sons of horus. The contemptor is coming as is more legion specific units e.g. Command squads and that this is generally happening for all the legions. There were some very cool sketches in his note book. Sons of horus are going to be more involved than in HH novels.

Finally chatting to all the guys, the general idea was that HH book 1 was a bigger success than they planned and they had recruited LOTS of staff of the back of it. Talking to Alan he was saying that whilst the outcome of the heresey is set in stone, what they d explore isn't.
    Volumes IV-V-VI Prospero, Calth, Signus Prime
    Release Date: 2014 +

Prospero
    Thousand Sons
    Space Wolves
    Adeptus Custodes
    Sisters of Silence

Calth
    Ultramarines
    Word Bearers (assumed)
    Imperial Army
    Renegade Army

Signus Prime
    Blood Angels
    Chaos Daemons

Later Volumes
    Release Date: on the horizon...

Mars - Dealing with the Mechanicum and titans
    Enough Mechanicus units planned to make an entire army list

Overall Series Schedule

via sotonshades
    Ok, so this image needs a little explaining. This is the FW/BL Timeline for the Heresy. Each column is a year of the Heresy, and each box is a major event (with the battle for Terra being in a column of it's own just off the edge of the projection). The dark shaded boxes are what BL have covered so far. The rest is secret stuff we don't know about yet. Just have a look at the ratio of the areas of those sets of boxes...
    Future Models Planned

Stormbird: 2 versions planned - bigger than Thunderhawk, but still mailable.
    Warlord Titan: Warlord and at least 1 new titan not seen before (not the Imperator)
    New Dreadclaw (replacing current model)
    Kharibdyis Assault Claw
    New Legion flyer (in addition to the Stormbird)
    Last edited by Bigred; 08-22-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

"the kakophony"

Only thing I care about. I want this I want this I want this. The early shot they showed of them looked FANTASTIC. Everything I could ever hope for in a Noise Marine. I want this!

Chapter-Master

Ferrus Manus is next. We know that. They confirmed he was almost do.e at the Black LIb weekender
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

All of this has been common knowledge since the Heresy Weekender.

Ferrus is next. He was almost unveiled at the Weekender, but he wasn't quite done in time.

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    "the kakophony"

Only thing I care about. I want this I want this I want this. The early shot they showed of them looked FANTASTIC. Everything I could ever hope for in a Noise Marine. I want this!
    There are pictures!?!?!

LINKS - WE NEED LINKS!!!

First-Captain

Here's a link to a site I like that you might have heard of Bigred.

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?31645-The-Horus-Heresy-Weekender-Reports/page11&highlight=weekender[/url]

Just scroll down.

Here be that link: [url]http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/horus-heresy-upcoming-releases.html[/url]

Scout

i spoke to one of the guys (can't remember his name) he said that the 4 primarch models in the current book will be completed before they do any more

Fly Lord

OK, I think I grabbed enough to do an up to date roundup.

How on earth did I miss the last half of that thread...

grrr...

Daemon-Prince

Well damn demons will be getting some love! Can't wait (Just might be 2-5 years)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast