BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Cohort Of Blood Points cost.

I know this might sound stupid but hear me out. how exactly are apocalypse formation points worked out, specifically the Chaos Daemons Cohort Of Blood

The reason i ask is for the Cohort of blood is that it has 8 squads of 8 Bloodletters. This is either 640pts for the actual models or 800pts for the 8 squads that are minimum 10 Bloodletters each but now only have 8 due to formation.

Do i pay the points purely for the models OR for the squads?

Any help please.

David5th.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    I know this might sound stupid but hear me out. how exactly are apocalypse formation points worked out, specifically the Chaos Daemons Cohort Of Blood

The reason i ask is for the Cohort of blood is that it has 8 squads of 8 Bloodletters. This is either 640pts for the actual models or 800pts for the 8 squads that are minimum 10 Bloodletters each but now only have 8 due to formation.

Do i pay the points purely for the models OR for the squads?

Any help please.

David5th.
    Its apoc so who cares about points?

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    How helpful and insightful.

Anyway, it could be a case of poor proof-reading (I don't recall if the old dex allowed units smaller than 10), and they just copy-pasta'd from the previous Cohort of Blood rules. In any case, there is no RAW answer here, it's a mistake. It'd be pretty absurd to have you pay for models that aren't in your list/units though, so if your opponent insists that you do, punch him.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post

Anyway, it could be a case of poor proof-reading (I don't recall if the old dex allowed units smaller than 10), and they just copy-pasta'd from the previous Cohort of Blood rules. In any case, there is no RAW answer here, it's a mistake. It'd be pretty absurd to have you pay for models that aren't in your list/units though, so if your opponent insists that you do, punch him.
    That's what i thought but its for apoc doubles at Warhammer World so we need to hand in list with points values.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    That's what i thought but its for apoc doubles at Warhammer World so we need to hand in list with points values.
    in that case just ask the organizers how they want to handle that...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    in that case just ask the organizers how they want to handle that...
    Going to on Tues after bank holiday but was just wondering what other peoples opinion is.

GWs event team are pretty awesome about dealing with advance queries on subjects like this. Just drop them a line and they should be back in a couple of days

640pts. Anyone claiming you need to pay the full 800pts is an eejit!

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    do people actually play non point apoc games? seems very lopsided if someone drops 15k points and you have 7k.
    "damn, i cant believe you beat me with more than double my force on the table.."

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    do people actually play non point apoc games? seems very lopsided if someone drops 15k points and you have 7k.
    "damn, i cant believe you beat me with more than double my force on the table.."
    I've yet to see the people who actually just bring their entire collections and try to make up any difference with strategic assets. I enjoy fluff and themed battles very much, but if there's no semblance of balance that really doesn't help most people have fun. Part of the problem with Apoc, and perhaps even more so with the new D rules, is the whole thing is just too unbalanced, and GW's thoughts on the matter seem to be "It shouldn't matter, you should just have fun showing off your collection (btw, buy more models to field this formation!), and enjoy the exercise of moving your models around and rolling dice for 6+ hours." I think I can be forgiven for finding the prospect of putting my themed Biel-tan army of Aspect Warriors up against a few Reaver titans an unappealing one, not worth wasting hours on.