BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Bring Me More Matt Ward Codexes!

I seriously hope that Mat Ward penned the forthcoming Space Marine codex. The senseless nerd-rage he inspires in a sub-culture of our community has reached such ridiculous heights that it's kinda fun to watch. The digital foaming at the mouth... the helpless digital quivering in rage that the very word "Ward" seems to inspire is worth endless hours of entertainment.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

It's Cruddace. But generally I agree.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Awww... yer bringing me down, man! It's wickedly entertaining to walk into a game store and loudly say, "Mat Ward" and then watch a third of the nerds fall to the ground, twitching and muttering with helpless rage...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    It's Cruddace. But generally I agree.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Iron Father

I'm a fan, there I said it
    Always have been, not the fluff so much but his rules have always been "fun" I am immensely disappointed he hasn't written the new marine codex. As far as I can tell the only thing he has written is the Iyanden supplement, which I really like. Balance wise I think his marine codex might be his best work and is my favorite of his.
    My money's on Tyranids. That's his next codex or maybe Orks. But what ever it is it will be my next army.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Awww... yer bringing me down, man! It's wickedly entertaining to walk into a game store and loudly say, "Mat Ward" and then watch a third of the nerds fall to the ground, twitching and muttering with helpless rage...
    ROTFLOL.
    Matt Ward is an idiot. He should be banned from writing codices. All Matt Ward should be doing is making tea at Bugman's, nothing else... Bring back Priestley, Chambers, Thorpe..... all is forgiven.......

>> Problem is, Mat Ward doesnae write the entire dex, done by a group of people. Nobody shouts about Jim mcjimson who playtests the dex's for not telling everone that x unit is broken, underpriced etc. Folks need to shut the **** up about his books. If ye dont like Ward dex, dont ****in buy it, simple!!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    ROTFLOL.
    Matt Ward is an idiot. He should be banned from writing codices. All Matt Ward should be doing is making tea at Bugman's, nothing else... Bring back Priestley, Chambers, Thorpe..... all is forgiven.......
    No.
    NO NO NO NO NO NO.
    [url]http://nooooooooooooooo.com[/url]

No. Those guys are done. I don't want CHAOS and everything else...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Bring back Chambers, definitely. Or not! Keep him writing his awesome Dark Eldar series!

The Mat Ward people hate doesn't exist. The internet made him up.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    I seriously hope that Mat Ward penned the forthcoming Space Marine codex. The senseless nerd-rage he inspires in a sub-culture of our community has reached such ridiculous heights that it's kinda fun to watch. The digital foaming at the mouth... the helpless digital quivering in rage that the very word "Ward" seems to inspire is worth endless hours of entertainment.
    This time the community passed.......Its Ward Save!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I'm a fan, there I said it
    Always have been, not the fluff so much but his rules have always been "fun" I am immensely disappointed he hasn't written the new marine codex. As far as I can tell the only thing he has written is the Iyanden supplement, which I really like. Balance wise I think his marine codex might be his best work and is my favorite of his.
    My money's on Tyranids. That's his next codex or maybe Orks. But what ever it is it will be my next army.
    Not that this is news or a rumour, but didn't he largely write the 8th Ed rules?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast