BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Very nice.

Makes my 30,000 pts of Eldar seem pedantic by comparison. I do have more superheavies though
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Sergeant

Updated with completed Warp Spiders and Fire Dragons I'm told the Dire Avengers are being assembled (or are close to being finished), so I anticipate a sample shot very soon, followed closely by the Swooping Hawks.

The Prototype Jetbikes are almost enroute to be painted (60 of), so that should keep 'em busy until the next wave gets there.

Shipped off the next batch of 20 HQ models today, so some very pretty results should be coming back in the next month or so. Hope to have them all sorted by the end of the year (or very close after that).

I think in 12 months time i'll have to go house hunting, and probably not for myself!

Brother-Sergeant

Updated with scenic base selection, and a little progress on the Craftworld background development... plus the addition of a White Seer

[URL="http://wcwdb.blogspot.com.au/"]http://wcwdb.blogspot.com.au/[/URL]

Chapter-Master

I quite like these as resin bases for Eldar.

[url]http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/wraithstone-c-3_84.html[/url]

If it wasn't for the fact i do the same bases for all my armies i'd go abck and redo all my Eldar onto them
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I quite like these as resin bases for Eldar.

[url]http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/wraithstone-c-3_84.html[/url]

If it wasn't for the fact i do the same bases for all my armies i'd go abck and redo all my Eldar onto them
    Those were my first choice originally, then I realised the majority of my army was ground based, and to have Craftworld wraithbone all over the place might have broken the theme up a little too much. Perfect for a wraith army though

Secret Weapon Miniatures also do a nice set of bases, however they fit more for games like Infinity. I guess the Scibor minis really screamed "Eldar Ruins" to me, which was what the Craftworld history is based around

It's a tricky business getting everything spot on!

Next - to work out better options for Jetbike stands (magnetised of course being the most preferred option).

Mind blown dude!!!

I didn't think it was feasible to even paint what appears to be 100 rangers, but to want to paint them would have been the moment i would have drawn the line. Goodness it takes me like a month to paint 1 warlock. How can you paint so much lol

I'm like you, in a way. Not to your extreme but I've hunted down all the unreleased models. I've no doubt they aren't originals but what can I do about that aye!

So, could you just sum up where this all started I mean, who thinks I'll make an entire craftworld lol

Also, that ebay model is unreleased, some chap sculpted some of them and sold them for like £7, but now they fetch a pretty penny on ebay.

Veteran-Sergeant

Awesome collection. My overall emotion is somewhere between jealousy and 'squeeeeee'.

This is the sort of thing I hope to build up to with my own, getting rare casts if I can (though trying to be careful with the price, having seen someone on ebay that had bought a velard jetbike sculpt then re-listed it as a 'rare unreleased GW jetbike sculpt' for £90 it's obviously easy to pay over the odds for things). At the moment though, I am nowhere near, but check back in 10 years.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Hutber View Post
    Mind blown dude!!!

I didn't think it was feasible to even paint what appears to be 100 rangers, but to want to paint them would have been the moment i would have drawn the line. Goodness it takes me like a month to paint 1 warlock. How can you paint so much lol

I'm like you, in a way. Not to your extreme but I've hunted down all the unreleased models. I've no doubt they aren't originals but what can I do about that aye!

So, could you just sum up where this all started I mean, who thinks I'll make an entire craftworld lol

Also, that ebay model is unreleased, some chap sculpted some of them and sold them for like £7, but now they fetch a pretty penny on ebay.
    Hi Jamie,

I didn't paint them mate, I have four commissioned artists working on the army - Further down the blog I have a few entries as to who is doing what as well as how the whole thing began back in 1996-97.

I have two different Jetbike sculpts, one done by a lad in Russia and another which was a replica of the Jes Goodwin Prototype, however the rider is very very slightly different (the head specifically).

-Tom-,

Don't fret mate, it has taken me a good 16-17 years to get this far. Granted the price discrepancies certainly did not help one bit (shakes fist), i've done extremely well for someone with limited access and funds over that time. Alot of personalisation has gone into it, from dice pouches, dice, a WIP history book, customised cabinet (the design is WIP) and other shenanigans. Whilst there are other armies out there larger than mine (but not by much), i'm hoping to have one of the truly unique/rare Warhosts on this blue orb we call Earth

I think I honestly got sick of all the giant Space Marine armies in display catalogues, on websites, etc etc - Figured i'd do my bit to even the odds >

I have copped alot of flak over the years, with people calling me a hoarder, jabs about how I don't play anymore etc - I just sat quietly and ignored it, as they had absolutely no idea what I was planning... nor did they know how determined I was to see it through! In a sense, I don't want it to end, as I don't know how I will feel when it is completely finished (if ever). Eventually, i'll have to value it (paint work included) to insure it all. I'll be glad though when i've got a house sorted so I can get to work on a display cabinet - poor little buggers are all in boxes stored safely until then.

Argh the old house thing. I've recently moved to Austria and will move back to the UK sooner or later, but its a rather large annoyance to think, if i paint this here then I'll have to cart it all the way back on a plane and hope it doesn't get lost of broken. Multiple that by say oooo I don't know, 59,000 points and I don't envy you, but you're going to need a dam big house. Plus you've got a few titans in there, even more food for thought. weheyyy!!!

Interesting, this whole project must be costing you a pretty penny. But glad you're doing it, fighting the eldar corner a little bit like you say, nobody ever does it. Are you planning on building a craftworld for them to live in? or just the showcase cabinet?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Morachi View Post

-Tom-,

Don't fret mate, it has taken me a good 16-17 years to get this far.
    I'm regretting leaving the hobby for the last 10 years, thinking about how much I could have got done in that time. On the other hand, I'm appreciating the way in which I can now come at it, with a bit more confidence to undertake making something less 'out of a box' in places (and better funded to do so).

I think I honestly got sick of all the giant Space Marine armies in display catalogues, on websites, etc etc - Figured i'd do my bit to even the odds >
    Agreed - the 'dream' is not only a collection worthy of being called a 'craftworld host', but also themed scenery/display storage to match.

I have copped alot of flak over the years, with people calling me a hoarder, jabs about how I don't play anymore etc - I just sat quietly and ignored it, as they had absolutely no idea what I was planning... nor did they know how determined I was to see it through! In a sense, I don't want it to end, as I don't know how I will feel when it is completely finished (if ever). Eventually, i'll have to value it (paint work included) to insure it all. I'll be glad though when i've got a house sorted so I can get to work on a display cabinet - poor little buggers are all in boxes stored safely until then.
    I'm not quite sure my girlfriend has understood the extent of my 'eldar warhost vision'. Luckily she also collects models, and has some eldar of her own (including some pretty awesomely unique conversions). My light hearted mocking of her 'model addiction problem' will come back to bite me though if I try and bolster my own too fast, and have them sitting unbuilt in boxes.

I'm kind of stuck at a stage where I've got various little projects underway, as well as trying to build up a 'core' of troops to be able to play a few games with now and then. The rangers, with their scenic wire-tree bases are coming along, though still 3 more to do to have a full unit of 10 done and I'm already musing over some custom kit-bashed Phoenix Lords so I could do them out of multi-part plastic kits. First up, Asurmen and Feugan. Working away doesn't help though...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast