BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Quick! Nurgle Terminators: How to equip and why?

I have these Forgeworld Terminator upper bodies and shoulders. I'd like to know what would be the best way to equip a 5 man squad and why you feel it is the best.

Thanks.

Chapter-Master

Keep them cheap, throw in a couple of power fists and axes, and give them combi-weapons and deepstrike them for the glory.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

If you've got a full 5, the Heavy Flamer can be nice for roasting objective holders, but the Reaper AC is nowhere near worth it. Combi-weps are good, I like to have 1 chainfist somewhere just to make sure armor goes bye-bye, but other than that, stick to power weapons mostly. Power Lances can be amazing if you expect/intend to be launching assaults, otherwise power axes are the way to go (on a related note, the Chaos Knights box from Fantasy has a ton of nice weapons for cannibalizing).

Also of minor note, if you expect a lot of high-S-low-AP weapons, Tzeentch is actually better for survivability, although Nurgle wins big vs. Bolters.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Brother-Sergeant

I recommend that you magnetize the arms on your Nurgle Termies since you may want to play around with the different options between games but my standard loadout is as follows:
    I keep the Champion basic with only a PowerSword or a Lightning Claw as an upgrade (You do not want an Unwieldy weapon on someone who always has to challenge). The rest of the termies get a Chainfist, Power Sword, Lightning Claw, and a Power Axe. If you have more then you can add a powerfist. I give them combi-bolters with Melta, Flamer, and Plasma. When they Deepstrike in you want to be able to dish out some hurt with some powerful shooting since you can't charge that turn. The next turn just charge the survivors. I usually like to have a powerful independent character in there as well to make them more of a threat. Great for taking on that enemy command squad, tank, or heavy weapons team in the backfield or just drop in behind whichever enemy squad is giving you the most grief.

Librarian

mine are all magnetized but for me it was more about looks then about rules. i run a squad of 4 with typhus. there is 4 combi plasma guns. 3 power axes and one chain fist. now those axes may one day become power mauls or swords so who knows. i will say the T5 makes it so that i don't feel as bad going at a lower initiative. though i will possibly be trying them out with maul's next just because i like the look of them and honestly str6 ap4 is nothing to sneeze at

Chapter-Master

AP 4 is a dealbreaker. It makes them only useful against Tau and Eldar, and you should already beat the crap out of Tau and Eldar. Anything that you actually need to be good against in assault requires AP3 or better.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

dunno depends on who your playing against to me. i know i'm the main marine army in my group everyone else right now is on an xenos kick or playing guard. so the str6 on them and ap4 isnt a deal breaker. and they are going to do alot of damage even against power armour. 4's to hit and 2's to wound as opposed to 4/4 ya i know they will get a save but its an attrition thing. that and they will still have to contend with a chain fist and typhus so its not much of an issue for me there is enough ap2 to go around with those 2.