BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Tackling Super Heavies?

Hi guys,
    managed to get a couple of apoc games in over the bank holiday weekend and came up against an IG Baneblade for the first time. I have a vanilla marines force and really struggled to even threaten it. I know I need to add a few more lascannons to my army and hopefully a flyer isnt too far away, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tried and tested tactis for getting to grips with super heavies?
    Cheers

Apocalypse is largely about D weapons. If you are facing super heavies, you want them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

either that, or the tried and true suicide... Drop Pod Sternguard/Ironclad with meltas or THSSminators, both preferably in large numbers (don't expect many to survive tho...)

Yep 1 drop pod full of melta guys should be able to smoke a super heavy IG tank. Hell last year's apoc game, mine didnt even last 1 turn. IG basilisk battery destroyed me without even firing one of my guns. 500pts worth of nothin

Chapter-Master

6th ed veh rules leads me to believe hth against it is the best thing - with meltas before the charge.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

Thanks guys!

Chaplain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0480.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	4735

This little ruse worked pretty well for my Eldar back at Easter, in the previous incarnation of Apocalypse.

Hornet Formation gave me a Webway Portal acting as my table edge.
    Out pop 29 Fire Dragons, split across four Units with a Farseer just for good luck...

Oh, dear...
    Your 2,500 point, 10 Structure Point (30 HP) Chaos Titan has just blown up on Turn One without firing a shot...

There's pretty much no superheavy I can think of that can survive its points worth of anti-tank infantry. The trick is just getting them there. That's a pretty awesome way to solve that problem, Pssyche.

A lot of this kind of thing comes down to who gets the first shot.

But with that Infantry, it's a challenge getting them built and loaded for bear.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Battle-Brother

Cheers, think im gonna tailor my Sternguard to that specific role!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast