It looks like if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. So, I'm going to start a play-by-post game myself. If this inspires someone to want to run a game later, that would be awesome. But, since I have the biggest burn for this to happen, I am going to take point.

Here are the answers to a few questions you might have:

1. What's Play-by-Post?

Play-by-post is the slowest kind of roleplaying imaginable. Essentially, it takes the form of a roleplaying game run entirely via posts to a web forum, such as this one. Players will post with their character's actions. The GM (that's me) will post with requests for rolls and the like. Altogether, it will take a very long time... however - and you've got to trust me on this, because I've seen it - it can nevertheless be a very rewarding form of storytelling.

2. How Much of a Commitment Is It?

This is the beauty of play-by-post. The answer is "almost none at all." All I ask is that you be willing to post at least once a day. Of course, if everyone posts more often, the game will go faster, but once a day should keep everything going at a nice clip.

3. Ok, I'm Curious, But... What Kind of Game Are You Looking For?

I haven't decided yet. I want to see what kind of energy there is in my players.

Huh... you know, the more I talk about this, the more pumped I'm getting about running this. My players... this is going to be fun.

Anyway, I'm looking for a low degree of pvp action - though I'm not outlawing it altogether. I'd like to keep it to a limited degree. Additionally, I'm hoping to take this whole thing fairly seriously. Not 100% seriously, so feel free to pitch characters with flaws that are entertaining, but not completely silly, either. A happy (well, grimdark) medium.

4. I'm Interested! What Do I Do Next?

Go ahead and post to this thread. If you have a character concept - pitch it! If you don't, just watch this thread and we'll see if anyone else has any ideas that spark you up.

I think this could be a fun time. I hope some of you agree.