BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

sure, sound good. I do live in Australia so time difference could be a pain but I'm in

Chapter-Master

I've only ever played Dark Heresy, but i'm in for in

I'll likely be a Tech priest of some description...back story to follow :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

I'm definitely interested in getting involved in this, so count me in!

I will post again when im home from work with a character idea

Chapter-Master

So, because this is my first play-by-post game... I'm going to close down entries (unless one of the six of you backs out).

AirHorse, jgebi, and Wolfshade - get me character concepts at your leisure.

I have the seed of an idea here... More to come when I have more time.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

So, here are my thoughts:

At start, you are all the passengers on a tramp freighter called the St. DeGrasse Tyson, en route to one of the planets on the borders of the Equinox Stars. The Equinox Stars are a stellar cluster known for its rugged independence - although technically still part of the Imperium of Man, they view themselves as bold explorers and individualists who have rested their worlds from xenos by the sweat of their brow and the blood of their ancestors, and they tend to resent efforts by Holy Terra to exert too much control. They resent even more - sometimes to the point of violence - any efforts by their neighbors to infringe on what they view as "theirs." There are no Chapters of Astartes permanently operating in the area, though there are probably the usual random scattering of Forge Worlds and other "special" planets. Feel free to make one up if you want to be a local.

You aren't on a mission yet; you just happen to be in the same place at the same time. The events of the first plot will - hopefully, if I do this right - weld you together into a coherent group. The following stories, up until the dramatic climax (whenever that happens...) will take place over many (potentially many) years, kind of like the Caiphas Cain novels.

Now, regarding characters, there are a few things I'd like to see. View this as an inspiration, not a demand:
    • Some chicks. I don't know how many of you are comfortable playing female characters, but if one of you chose to be a girl-type person that would be great. The human population of 40k is still roughly 51% female, after all (maybe less - do Tech-Priests still count as female if they were originally XX humans? ).
    • An Astartes would be an interesting challenge. I kind of want one represented in the game, but figuring out how to have one wandering around independently is rough. If you have a brilliant idea, it would be awesome to include such a person.
    • A xenos of some kind. Remember - not all the Imperium is quite as zealously xenophobic as, say, the Space Marines, and this game will probably be set in the border realms, where even the faithful play fast and loose with the Imperial Creed. Not all xenos are maniacs. One of the more comprehensible xenos species, like a Tau a long way from home or an Eldar or even an unusually intelligent and erudite Ork, would be kind of neat.

Go to town!

Additionally, if anyone with a character wants to add more concept, that's cool.

Also, if you want to have previous association with someone else's character, feel free to pitch that as well. I'm prepared to tie you all together on my own, but it's not necessary.

I'd love to give it a shot, what materials would one need to participate?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I'd love to give it a shot, what materials would one need to participate?
    Ooh... ok. Like I said, I don't want too many more players. Let's see what happens?

The system is super simple. Start by downloading FATE core. You can Google it. I'm at work and can't.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    So, here are my thoughts:

At start, you are all the passengers on a tramp freighter called the St. DeGrasse Tyson, en route to one of the planets on the borders of the Equinox Stars. The Equinox Stars are a stellar cluster known for its rugged independence - although technically still part of the Imperium of Man, they view themselves as bold explorers and individualists who have rested their worlds from xenos by the sweat of their brow and the blood of their ancestors, and they tend to resent efforts by Holy Terra to exert too much control. They resent even more - sometimes to the point of violence - any efforts by their neighbors to infringe on what they view as "theirs." There are no Chapters of Astartes permanently operating in the area, though there are probably the usual random scattering of Forge Worlds and other "special" planets. Feel free to make one up if you want to be a local.

You aren't on a mission yet; you just happen to be in the same place at the same time. The events of the first plot will - hopefully, if I do this right - weld you together into a coherent group. The following stories, up until the dramatic climax (whenever that happens...) will take place over many (potentially many) years, kind of like the Caiphas Cain novels.

Now, regarding characters, there are a few things I'd like to see. View this as an inspiration, not a demand:
    • Some chicks. I don't know how many of you are comfortable playing female characters, but if one of you chose to be a girl-type person that would be great. The human population of 40k is still roughly 51% female, after all (maybe less - do Tech-Priests still count as female if they were originally XX humans? ).
    • An Astartes would be an interesting challenge. I kind of want one represented in the game, but figuring out how to have one wandering around independently is rough. If you have a brilliant idea, it would be awesome to include such a person.
    • A xenos of some kind. Remember - not all the Imperium is quite as zealously xenophobic as, say, the Space Marines, and this game will probably be set in the border realms, where even the faithful play fast and loose with the Imperial Creed. Not all xenos are maniacs. One of the more comprehensible xenos species, like a Tau a long way from home or an Eldar or even an unusually intelligent and erudite Ork, would be kind of neat.

Go to town!

Additionally, if anyone with a character wants to add more concept, that's cool.

Also, if you want to have previous association with someone else's character, feel free to pitch that as well. I'm prepared to tie you all together on my own, but it's not necessary.
    I can be any of those 3 character concepts. I would even be a female Eldar or maybe a Kroot. I've been playing an Astartes for 3 years, but I can continue to play one if needs be.

Though the Eldar is the most tempting option right now.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Ooh... ok. Like I said, I don't want too many more players. Let's see what happens?

The system is super simple. Start by downloading FATE core. You can Google it. I'm at work and can't.
    No problem, just let me know if there's room!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I can be any of those 3 character concepts. I would even be a female Eldar or maybe a Kroot. I've been playing an Astartes for 3 years, but I can continue to play one if needs be.

Though the Eldar is the most tempting option right now.
    But, man, I'm totally loving on your Inquisitor!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast