BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Seems pretty simple to me.
    Virtues: Strength, Compassion (I wanted this to be my flaw), Cunning, Integrity, and Wisdom.
    Flaw: Beauty

Aspects:
    Personal: "Through faith; suspicion."
    Bonuses to resist Charm tests made by NPCs
    Name: "By the Ordo Malleus, I condemn you."
    Bonuses to damaging Daemonic/Chaotic NPCs

Did I do that right?
    Basically... yes.

First of all, I would allow you to have Compassion as your flaw. I wasn't perfectly clear - you can drop a "species" Virtue from your groups. The "Human" and "Ork" and "Eldar" groups are only mandatory for "everyman" Human, Ork, and Eldar characters. If your character is really strongly something else (ie. a Fire Warrior, an Ethereal, a Weirdboy, whatever), then you can drop the species affiliation.

Also, your name should include an actual name, and an explanation for why that name grants that bonus (ie. you are named after a famous hero, you were named by someone who had certain intentions for your life, etc.)
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Here is a revised Virtue description:

All Virtues have a group association:
    • Strength – Aspect-Warriors, Astartes, Fire-Caste, and Orks
    • Compassion – Ethereal-Caste, Humans and Tau
    • Cunning – Air Caste, Mechanicus
    • Beauty – Eldar, Water-Caste
    • Integrity – Psykers
    • Wisdom – Earth-Caste, Inquisition

Groups in italics are "weak" associations. They represent "everyman" characters. If your character is really strongly defined by another part of his concept (ie. more defined by being, say, an Inquisitor than being Human), then you can drop it.

This means that you are the kind of person who has given him/herself over completely to a cause and abandoned the principles of your species. Think about how ordinary humans react to Astartes or Inquisitors who give up on Compassion or how Eldar society reacts to an aspect warrior who is so dedicated to violence that he gives up on beauty. You are probably a jerk or (at least a little bit) crazy.

In which case, Compassion will be my flaw.

So...
    "By the House of Kane I denounce you!"
    Kane is the surname of a very famous Rogue Trader family in the Exquinox Sector, known for their cut throat methods and demand for tribute.
    Due to this, the Family is extremely wealthy, able to pay any warrior or diplomat to side with them.
    To earn the wrath of House Kane is almost certainly a death sentence.

Silas is definitely not sound of mind.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    In which case, Compassion will be my flaw.

So...
    "By the House of Kane I denounce you!"
    Kane is the surname of a very famous Rogue Trader family in the Exquinox Sector, known for their cut throat methods and demand for tribute.
    Due to this, the Family is extremely wealthy, able to pay any warrior or diplomat to side with them.
    To earn the wrath of House Kane is almost certainly a death sentence.

Silas is definitely not sound of mind.
    Yes, yes, YES! EXACTLY!

Boom.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

well I have two ideas for mine.

I was a night lord I served under the primarch Konrad Curze, after his death our chapter split like our home world into a million pieces. My Brothers and I left and tried to fulfill his last request, but the years of condemned me as I am the last left of our brother hood of a hundred marines under my command and I am now left with out a ship, a crew, my weapons or armor. I am hated and hunted of my own chapter so I hunt them in turn and try to find allies where I can to help me teach the imperial how dangerous the dark is and why they should fear what lives there. Before the chapters split I was a 2nd company commander
    of The Wings in the Night chapter, I was specialized in tactile combat and my battle brothers would joke that I was as good a tatican as Rogal Dorn.

Virtues: Strength, Cunning, Wisdom, lived a thousand lives (bonus with all sagly advice, knows most/all types of xenos and there weapons and their standard tactics ), Scavenger (I get extra gear when Scavenging),
    Flaws: Lack of compasion, lone wolf (might go off on his own), lost in the past (sometimes I will forget where I am), own objectives (I have my own objectives and goals)

Think thats how you want it.

Secound.

I'm an Ex-guard Vet of the Strong arm 1st company 2nd Battalion , I shot our commissar in the middle of base camp after he shot our company commander for keeping his men alive or atlest thats what the story says, I was sent to a penal world and given a chance to serve the emperor once more so I took it. We were on some hell hole forge world where the orks had dug in and dug in hard after 30 days of bombardment they couldn't be moved so we got sent in with the promise of if you survive you get set free. So we were given out stims and told to charge and by the emperor did we charge when your the fraking high on combat stims that all you see is red we felt like gods as we hit there ranks we smashed them through and jumped into there trench networks giving chase with flamers up the front burning their fraking ***** as we went. Then out of no where 12 Astartes in midnight clad with lighting strikes on their armor came from the drop pods about 10 meters away from us and started to take there man hole with in the hours the orks broke and fell back and some how these gods in midnight clad were gone again once we were caught up with the 10,000 of us that were left from the 1 mill that had rushed were all set free and offered a chance to re-join our former armies or leave and go to a fronter world which is what I have chosen...

Virtues: Cunning, compasion, Gifted with a las-weapon (gets extra shots in combat), Marksmen ( re-roll miss shots and higher crit chance)
    Flaws: Stimm addicted, broken trust (doesn't trust easily), Lost his love (broken heart so will fall for the damsel in distressed stuff), despises the commissariat

take your pick

Chapter-Master

Ok, guys, so I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but somehow - despite having a ridiculous ******* job - I managed to write something like 4/5ths of a first draft of a roleplaying game. I'm going to go ahead and share it with you [URL="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5UEBlRXA6BSeU45N0YtVEFRZWs/edit?usp=sharing"]here[/URL]. It's still a work in progress, so feel free to post with any comments or concerns you might have.

As you can see, I still need to finish up the Skills and Stunts, and I have to write the Psyker system. Spoiler: it's basically just a bunch of Skills that always get used with the Integrity Virtue, and if you fail a roll, bad things happen to you proportionate with how big your wager was.

Chapter-Master

Probably the second is a better fit. I still think it's possible for an Astartes to fit, but a renegade Night Lord would be a lot harder to keep engaged with the plot, cool as it is.

Librarian

Is this still open? I just came across it. My idea would be a Dark Angel Apothecary (perhaps of the deathwing) seperated from the chapter and having my sus-an membrane going putting me into a deep sleep until the other guys find me at which point i join them until i can rejoin my battle brothers.
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chaplain

Apologies for not getting you my character last night, had a busier night at home than at work!

I will get the full version finished during the day(if work is anything like yesterday I should have time!), but here is the basic version:

Cillan Villein - Born to a farming family on an quiet agri-world, he was pressed into service in the imperial guard as part of the imperial tithe and ended up fighting a long drawn out war against Orks on his homeworld. He watched his world burn and eventually the imperium pulled out of his home system, abandoning it rather than waste resources taking it back.

His regiment was disbanded following this due to the high number of casualties and due to the state of morale amongst the soliders of the regiment they were simply retired from service. Handed a measly payout and gifted the tools he used as a guardsmen Cillan stayed out in the Equinox Stars, after the imperial fleet left the region to move onto more important sectors, and now seeks a new life. He is currently traveling to a border world in the region to see what path his life will take next.

Despite all he has been through Cillan has an unshakable faith in the emperor, he has witnessed certain events which have removed all doubt from his mind, and strives to help his fellow humans where he can. Material wealth and possession's are of no real interest to him beyond being tools to accomplish more meaningful things. Despite his faith, Cillan is open minded, he is no xenophobe(though he has no love for the Orks he still holds no grudge against them as a race, though perhaps deep down he does against the clan that took his world) and his view of wealth and possession's extends to methods as well, he would not oppose methods others might question, but only if he views it as an acceptable offset to the outcome he is trying to achieve.

I will do the virtues etc properly over the day, but that should give you basic version of my character! Seem okay?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast