BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

On that note, anyone else curious as to why GW haven't released a single FAQ for 40K or Fantasy since April (unless you count the mini clarification for Eldar) ?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Mistakes are present in every version of the rules, from every compant, its why FAQs are released, these things so far are judgement calls from people interpreting the rules to help their customers, until an official FAQ is released, the rules from the book are correct so I can see why the first person said that, he wasn't aware of the printing error. This isn't a blow to credibility so much as a small mistake. Its a game of toy soldiers, its not life or death so it doesn't really matter.
    Leaving it as is (as the FW rep answered) is better in this case, as it will be consistent until they release an errata.

I can understand the initial misprint, but if they have an errata, putting it on social media sites is not the way to release it as they can't be considered a central area, and is inherently not credible as a source due to the ephemeral nature of the things (this model doesn't do what the book says, as some guy on Facebook said so).

It isn't the misprint that is the blow to credibility, but the use of social media in this manner and not using their own resources (FW blog) that is.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Because they've reverted to their old crap? seriously everything started to smell like business as usual post tau release, which is a shame as it was so nice up until then.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Because they've reverted to their old crap? seriously everything started to smell like business as usual post tau release, which is a shame as it was so nice up until then.

Speaking of crap, I bought IA:11 about six months ago. Now if I want the updates I have to buy the new APOC book even though I never play APOC and have no interest in it? I have to buy two high-cost books just to FW will support their own products? Are these updates available for free somewhere?

I take it the Hornet, Wraithseer, Wasp, and Warp Hunter were all updated?

In terms of models that can be used for Warhammer 40k games IA: Apocalypse contains info on Wraithseer, Hornet and Warp Hunter.

Hornet is buffed, Wapr Hunter is nerfed and Wraithseer... I'll say - slightly nerfed.
    Shadow Specters got an update via an electronic .pfd file which can be found here: [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/shadowspectres.pdf[/url]

The info for their Phoenix Lord is yet to be released. Most likely other IA: 11 models will be updated after together with the whole IA:11 book.
    Last edited by Sersis; 09-02-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sersis View Post
    In terms of models that can be used for Warhammer 40k games IA: Apocalypse contains info on Wraithseer, Hornet and Warp Hunter.

Hornet is buffed, Wapr Hunter is nerfed and Wraithseer... I'll say - slightly nerfed.
    Shadow Specters got an update via an electronic .pfd file which can be found here: [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/shadowspectres.pdf[/url]

The info for their Phoenix Lord is yet to be released. Most likely other IA: 11 models will be updated after together with the whole IA:11 book.

What did they do with the Hornet? Same base price with cheaper codex-rate guns? How much for pulse laser?

Same with the Wasp?

No update for the Wasp yet. It will be updated together with Corsair army (IA 11).
    As for the Hornet - it is much better now (IMO). All of the weapon upgrades in IA: Apocalypse for it cost 5 points. Yes, even the Pulse laser. Maybe this is a typo and it will be later corrected in Errata, but all remains as shown in the book - you will be able to have a squadron of 3 hornets with 2 Pulse lasers each for 240 points. This is 12 48" S8 AP2 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sersis View Post
    you will be able to have a squadron of 3 hornets with 2 Pulse lasers each for 240 points. This is 12 48" S8 AP2 shots.
    Why in the name of beans am I paying 210 for 24 S6 AP6 shots then? Looks like it's time to do some shopping.

As for the Wraithseer clarifications, with a Mastery level of 1 it almost seems wise to stick it in the back with a bright lance, in good cover, buffing and pot-shooting. Very expensive unit that doesn't do any job very well - can't shoot as good as a Wraithlord, not monstrous-creature enough to be a close combat monster, and only about as useful a pysker as a Spiritseer (better powers but less Mastery). I love the model, I think it is gorgeous, but I can't justify the points cost.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Garradh View Post
    I love the model, I think it is gorgeous...
    Actually, in my book, you just did justify its points cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradh View Post
    Why in the name of beans am I paying 210 for 24 S6 AP6 shots then? Looks like it's time to do some shopping.

As for the Wraithseer clarifications, with a Mastery level of 1 it almost seems wise to stick it in the back with a bright lance, in good cover, buffing and pot-shooting. Very expensive unit that doesn't do any job very well - can't shoot as good as a Wraithlord, not monstrous-creature enough to be a close combat monster, and only about as useful a pysker as a Spiritseer (better powers but less Mastery). I love the model, I think it is gorgeous, but I can't justify the points cost.

The Wraithseer has a D-Cannon and is very powerful in CC. Are we looking at the same unit here?

I recently used one against Salamanders... It charged it into Vulcan and a bunch of marines, murdered Vulcan in the first round of the challenge, and then killed the rest of the Marines without taking a single wound. I assaulted a bunch of Guardians to speed up the cleanup but the Wraithseer was going to kill everything unscathed.
    Last edited by cebalrai; 09-23-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast