BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

That does make more sense when put that way, I agree. In other words, it refers to situations like Monstrous Creatures dipping their toe into area terrain for a 5+ cover save.

The primary scenario the pro +2 cover save argument describes are models in Ruins with bases, in which case the book tells us to treat the base as area terrain. It doesn't make sense however because Going to Ground in an identical ruin with a base would offer more protection than a building which has none. Furthermore, the ground floor is then offering more protection than the next level up, despite it being made from the same materials and composition. This promotes modelling for advantage and is obviously not in the spirit of the game but only for those seeking to power game and rules lawyer text to win at all costs.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    That does make more sense when put that way, I agree. In other words, it refers to situations like Monstrous Creatures dipping their toe into area terrain for a 5+ cover save.

The primary scenario the pro +2 cover save argument describes are models in Ruins with bases, in which case the book tells us to treat the base as area terrain. It doesn't make sense however because Going to Ground in an identical ruin with a base would offer more protection than a building which has none. Furthermore, the ground floor is then offering more protection than the next level up, despite it being made from the same materials and composition. This promotes modelling for advantage and is obviously not in the spirit of the game but only for those seeking to power game and rules lawyer text to win at all costs.
    this argument is flawed.
    Going to ground makes you harder to hit. So the protection from the building + the protection from going to ground *could* be additive.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Yeah, if you're behind a wall, and you lay down so the wall completely covers you, then the enemy can't see you to shoot you, so really if you go to ground behind Ruins then no one should be able to draw LOS to you.

Real-life common sense doesn't really apply to the rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12