BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Genestealer Cult

Hi Guys and Girls.

Been in a bit of a hobbying hideout recently; didn't want to ruin this surprise for an Invasion Tournament at Warhammer World which took place today. Being a doubles event, we were allowed to take any two armies we liked (no allies restrictions at all!) but only had 600 points each and we both had a normal FOC. There was also a lot of points on offer for painting and themeing the two army lists. Night System and I kinda took that to heart; and over the course of a couple of weeks, created this;

The Children of T'Vorti (Genestealer Cult, using Codex Imperial Guard) and The Scourge of Alkonost (Codex Tyranids)

T'Vorti, Patriarch of the Cult (Company Commander and the Imperial Guard Warlord)

The Siren of Ultrades (Hive Tyrant and the Tyranid Warlord)

Our converted Hybrid Platoon; the bulk/core of our troops. You can also see the pair of 'liberated' Adeptus Arbites Leman Russ Demolishers in the background.

The brown document in the first picture is our army list, formatted as a mission log from an Inquisitor investigating the Genetstealer cult (too late) and the Tyranid invasion. It also covered our fluff in depth so it didn't look like we had just cobbled our list from two competitive codices to cover each other's weaknesses... total not what we did.

The weird thing is we didn't need to make most of these models. Night System all ready had all of these nids and I have more than enough Guardsmen and tanks... but seeing the points for the army just set an idea that grew and grew, kinda got away from us and before you know it all of these models had managed to coalesce out of his Bitz Box.

In the end, we managed to come away with Best Army at the Invasion Tournament (with 16 out of a possible 20 points for our army score) and Invasion Champion for our FLGS.

More pictures available [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/63487083@N06/"]on my flickr stream[/URL], but I can post some here if there is anything specific people really want.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

Nicely done, I lke the head on the plate.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

see....THIS is why nids should get guard allies....stupid GW, well done mate.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Well done for your wins, really cool idea and execution [pun intended].

I love the thought that has gone in to this. Good effort bud.