BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    *waves*
    It's a lie! [The "not dangerous" part obvs.]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Kangaroo Vs Drone

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFWUlObSgn0[/url]
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    [url]http://mobile.news.com.au/technology/environment/map-of-shark-movements-on-australia-day-prove-animals-share-the-busy-waterway/story-e6frflp0-1226121711604[/url]

Thats an understatement. ...they were found a couple of hundred kilometers inland....in the mountains. ...

- - - Updated - - -

Bi and yes. You DO get bulls in sydney harbour...typically theres 10-20 I the harbou itself at any given tims

- - - Updated - - -

[url]http://m.couriermail.com.au/questnews/logan/sharks-at-carbrook-golf-club-caught-on-film-confirming-they-survived-brisbane-floods/story-fn8m0u8i-1226633099573?nk=0fc03a1dd6598f59e59b19e3a75e8345[/url]

A golf course in brissy
    There are usually different species within the harbour/around it depending on how far up you go.

You get great whites, hammerheads and some other sharks out by the heads.
    Inner mouth of the harbour is Tiger territory (about 1/3 of the way to the bridge/opera house) and then the "inner" harbour itself is mostly bull sharks due to their tolerance of the brackish water (and different swim bladders that can deal with both fresh and salty - Tigers/GW are generally not as neutrally buoyant in fresh water as salt water - Bulls can do both). You'll get bull sharks all the way up the Lane Cove and Parramatta Rivers (as far as the weir in Parramatta, anyway).

They used to be quite rare in the Olympic precinct area or west due to the remnants of waste dumping on site (The Olympic part peninsula used to be used as a dumping ground for disused power transformers from old power stations, and the PCBs and other heavy metals leached into that part of the river, killing/contaminating the local aquatic ecosystem. Decades of cleanup brought the fish back, and hence the sharks. While bull sharks can deal with silty and brackish water, "dirty" water is something they don't like.
    Excuse the frequent sarcasm. I'm an Aussie. It's part and parcel of whom we are.
    "You can take my sarcasm when you can pry it from my cold, dry wit!"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Kangaroo Vs Drone

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFWUlObSgn0[/url]
    I think that's pretty much the proper response to all drones. Australian wildlife is clearly ahead of the curve on that one.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

So this has gone viral this evening, and I was skeptical, but its too cool not to share.

Have a feeling this one will be played a bit on the 26th

Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

For the uninitiated, this is what Magpies are like during “swooping season” here in Australia.

Fun fact: people have been known to walk around with empty ice cream containers on their heads to protect themselves in lieu of helmets.

Things to remember:

1) This is an Australian magpie. it is not like European magpies.It’s not a flappy bappy chirpy little ****bag you can bat away with your palm. This is a ****ing crow in cow makeup

2) Cats and dogs will not try and take them on because cats and dogs know they will lose

3) They live for 25 years and yes, they will remember your face. Although I will confess that my 36 years of life I have never seen a dead one. Under tumblr logic this means they are immortal

4) They are insane. Cold stone bug-**** insane. And they give zero ****s.I’ve seen them attack cyclists, moving cars, trucks, even a ******* train.

So imagine, if you will, you are walking merrily down a street one spring and suddenly this train-assaulting, cow-cosplaying ball of immortal feathers and bat**** insanity comes screaming out of nowhere and tries to embed itself in the back of your skull, beak clacking like the pump of a shotgun as it tears out chunks of your hair.

This is Australia.

Brother-Captain

They're intelligent, they're territorial, and they have good memories. Want to help avoid swooping? Make friends with the magpie clan in question outside of breeding season (they're a bit irrational during breeding season). If you are a known 'safe' human you'll get followed but not swooped. If you chase them or throw rocks at them during any part of the year, they will never leave you alone.

There is a reason swooping is worst near schools, and it's normally down to some children being little ****s.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    They're intelligent, they're territorial, and they have good memories. Want to help avoid swooping? Make friends with the magpie clan in question outside of breeding season (they're a bit irrational during breeding season). If you are a known 'safe' human you'll get followed but not swooped. If you chase them or throw rocks at them during any part of the year, they will never leave you alone.

There is a reason swooping is worst near schools, and it's normally down to some children being little ****s.
    Chainsaw seems the appropriate answer.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Chainsaw seems the appropriate answer.
    Most gum trees are the sort of tree that you have to go up and cut down the big branches before you can safety cut through the trunk. Which means you're up a ladder, with a chainsaw, in the territory of a flock of upset magpies. That does not strike me as an optimal solution.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast