BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How often do people get to play WH40K?

Hi ya´ll,

I was wondering, how often do you get to play WH40K? I´m having over two weeks without a game and i´m going bonkers! I understand, that people work and have families, but gotsdammit prioritize !!!

For me, there needs to be at least a game per week. It can be a Escalation League game that lasts an hour, but i needs to throw them bones!
    In our FLGC, i´m the one organizing the schedules and trying to make stuff happen, and sometimes it gets VERY boring. I´m scheming on plan b now...thinking of slowly increasing my Dark Eldar army and go venture on the gaming stores further away (when i have a day off)...that reminds me, must do lotto this week

Once again, venting off

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Few times a week, the advantage of having 6 brothers (and a mother) who play.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fly Lord

1-2 times a week.

Those editorials and top 10 lists don't write themselves!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I try and play once a month. Not much compared to you guys. But with three children (7, 3 and 10 months) a love of fish keeping, boozing with the lads (none of whom play 40k dispite my best efforts) and Motocross not to mention my gaming group being spread around half the UK. There is just not enough time!

I am constantly tinkering with army lists though and reading black library books. So its a rare day that 40k is not part of my life.

I get to play once or twice a week.
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Few times a week, the advantage of having 6 brothers (and a mother) who play.
    So envy ...well, my 6 year old is still game (when he has time from his Legos), and i hope, that he´ll keep his interest in the future...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

It depends on how often I care to go to the "local" store (still 20 miles or so by train). If I wanted to, I should be able to go there 2 times a week when I actually know there are people around and interested in a game (those days being thursday when it has gaming night till 11 at night and saturday). Depending on time I might even get 2 games in on a single day. And then there's a forum run by said store where I can ask if anyone is up for a battle at any other day.

I could probably stop by the "local" GW (about 10 miles by train/bus) as well and find someone there, but there's less certainty someone is actually around up for a game compared to the other local store. And dealing with german translated rules is exhausting if you're doing that for hours.

So technically I could get 1 or 2 games a week easily when visiting a store.

And then there's games at home. My (wargaming) friend lives around the corner so it's mostly a matter of texting/calling and asking if he's up for a game.

But; considering all these options I have to game... I don't game as much as I could. I don't play weekly... maybe a single game monthly. But technically; the option is there to game a lot. And probably I should since my armies are stacking up (I paint and collect more clearly, heh)

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Usually 1-2 games a week, over 1-2 days.....but I haven't had one in about 3 weeks due to work.....starting to get the shakes, cold flushes and a feeling of paranoia.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Usually a game on mondays at one gaming club, and another on wednesdays at my other club. Often get another game in with a few mates (often apocalypse sized), maybe twice a month.

Recently, leading up to a tournament yesterday, I was getting at least two games on the wednesday club night (small points are fun!) as well as extra games here and there.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    starting to get the shakes, cold flushes and a feeling of paranoia.
    this...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast