BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

If the high speed release schedule continues at this pace, they should be done within a year an a half roughly.

They WILL get new plastic kits - I could see them getting a new plastic character in the form of a Sanguinary Priest. There was a bit of fluff pointing to marines that have gone mad from black rage ect still living in some tower (?) - perhaps they could turn those into some kind of vampiric half-naked marine unit used as some form of terror attack led by a chaplain/priest when times are really desperate, seems like something they'd shoehorn in to me. I'm sure they'd get some form of new vehicle or centrepiece kit - like a new flier, since their current one isnt unique to them any longer.

Kind of hard to think what they will add to marine armies that were updated in 5th ed really, but we know they WILL get NEW units - wheather people want that or not.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Veteran-Sergeant

here are a few things i would like to see:

tech marine is an IC like all the other ones, thunder fire cannon is available.

some cool CC oriented artifacts and artificer armor for captains, reworking of the equipment of current special characters (like Dante!)

DC tycho actually joins the DC and does not run around by himself.

that is all i can think of besides the normal adjustment in point costs to bring the BA in line with the DA and regular space marines.

Librarian

Mephiston won't just have the rules for a Monstrous Creature, he will BE a Monstrous Creature. The fluff will play it off as a blessing from Sanguinius or the Emperor, but really it will be Khorne morphing Mephiston into a Daemon Prince for all the blood he's spilled across the galaxy.

Oh, and Blood Angels will just be a Supplement with a few rules, but otherwise will just be an extension of the regular Space Marine Codex.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Oh, and Blood Angels will just be a Supplement with a few rules, but otherwise will just be an extension of the regular Space Marine Codex.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd actually be ok with that, provided they don't take away our special kits, because they're pretty. You could fit everything the Blood Angels need to be distinct in a mid-sized pdf (chapter trait for the Red Thirst, all rhino-chassis vehicles are fast and land raiders can deep strike, unique dreadnought type, a couple of unique units and ICs, and special characters - done).
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Its hard to tell what GW's trajectory is on this. On the one hand they opened sixth with a standalone chapter, and DA do not have access to grav weapons and there's no way they'll get errata'd to do so. On the other hand they've started doing this whole supplement thing, which has yet to see that sort of widespread application that would be needed to say, take the standard C:SM and turn it into Blood Angels, but you get the feeling that they might just be testing the water before they really start churning out supplements that have a greater impact. (new units, new models etc.)

Its almost contradictory. If they knew they were going to be doing such things as supplements this edition, why did they make Dark Angels? There's no real point, I mean its nice for Dark Angel fans of course, but hell they were able to cram Black Templars into the basic dex. It really seems like someone just had a random idea halfway through bringing 6th edition out and no one wanted to rework the initial release so they just went with it.

BA could easily be a supplement to C:SM, it would be a more in depth supplement with far more rules than we've seen in any supplement to date, and I don't really think it should include Centurions or grav weapons, and really they should get rid of vanguard vets and sternguard too and just make Sanguinary guard amazinger.

If its a standalone release you can basically call it based on 5th. The 5th dex just needs a points normalization and to make more sense out of the rules for some of its units. Ok and army wide furious charge or something like that instead of the 1 in 6 chance to be an emo vampire. Unique assuault oriented warlord traits and MAYBE a unique psychic lore since BA are space vampires.

(Maybe give the whole chapter higher initiative baseline, that'd be cool. Not quite as fast as eldar, but faster than non-slaanesh marines. I think that fits rather well with their image. Also they could rip off eldar again and maybe have an insanely expensive power fist that strikes at initiative. The pimp hand of angels. )
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 09-01-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Well, we have focused a lot on the CC element of BA, maybe we should also look at them in the air. The fluff is that BA are the air superiority masters of space marines. Being restricted to Stormravens doesn't fit the bill. I think they need a second flier for air superiority whereas the stormraven is more of a ground support fire striker and transport. A stormraven based variant with an upgrade kit sounds nice, but strikes me more as something forge world might do rather than GW. Another marine flier would seem excessive, so I will double down on BA getting the stormtalon. Although a plastic thunderhawk could be an outside the box possibility. Wouldn't that raise the bar for big flashy new unit?

Some additional ground based air defence would also be nice in addition to flak missiles. If not a contemptor, then at least a dread with contemptor like skyfire and interceptor rules. Might be a good excuse to redo the basic dread, with some of the missing arm options like rifleman, multimelta and the like.

I think Mephy is due for a makeover, same for Dante, so that's two new finecast clampacks.

With GW and forge world both going retro, being in (back?) things like grav guns, maybe they will release a marine super heavy. A fellblade would make all marine players drool, and is more in keeping with the fluff and style than a Dreadknight like MC walker.

So, I'm really going out there suggesting either a plastic thunderhawk or a fellblade as possible contenders for the big flashy kit to be released with BA. Is that rampant enough for you guys and girls?

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    So, I'm really going out there suggesting either a plastic thunderhawk or a fellblade as possible contenders for the big flashy kit to be released with BA. Is that rampant enough for you guys and girls?
    FW just released a Fellblade, GW is not going to. And while it would be awesome, Thunderhawk is not likely.

I'd like to see the Red Thirst and Black rage be mixed blessings, rather than straight boosts. Make Black Rage give rage, but must declare a charge if able to. Red thirst should give furious charge, but drop leadership by 1.

Flier, I'd like to see something like the Nephilim in shape, but slightly different, a plane that could be shared with say Space Wolves or Grey Knights again. That could be a centerpiece kit/flier
    BA ought to get a multi-part terminator kit, to make basic termies and something like Sanguinary Knights.
    Remove Sang guard from Elites, make them a unlock for a captain or chapter master, or multiples with the Sanguinor.
    Keep Vanguard Vets, but keep them in FA for BA.
    Remove Deep Strike from Land Raiders.
    Change the Glaive Encarnadine from a MC two handed sword to an AP3 power weapon that grants +1I and add it to the wargear section.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    a BA specific terminator kit would be nice......
    Death Company Terminators
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Death Company Terminators
    Man... Like it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me fluff wise, but neither do Death Company dreads and those exists. Death company terminators sound ridiculous. 2+/5++ and 5+ FNP, 4-5 attacks on the charge due to rage, possibly storm shields, WS5... ugh just silly. Throw furious charge on top of that and put 1000 points into a single unit, lulz. To top it off they should be able to jump out of Stormravens directly into combat so they can choke slam greater daemons faster.

First-Captain

On the flyer thing, in the Mephiston Lord of Death Novella the Blood Angels forces have storm talons. I know books mean nothing in game terms but thought I'd add it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast