BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warzone: Damnos Apocalypse Formations

Didn't see this anywhere else, so go [url=http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landingArmy.jsp?catId=cat1130010a&rootCatGameStyle =wh40k]here and have a look-see.[/url]

Please note Deathwatch Strike Team.

Personally, never mind Apocalypse: The Orbital Strike Force is the perfect expansion for my Ultramarines up to (almost!) Company level, and I've wanted Drop Pods for ages. So probably gonna get that~
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

First-Captain

I like how they have many smaller Formations in there, like the Orbital Strike Force you mentioned or the Ghost Strider Phalanx - makes it much more accessible than the huge ones (I actually have some of those already just by buying stuff I like - and that's how Apoc should work at least in part I think...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Yeah. You can make them bigger - the one-click collections tend to give you the minimum size - but it's nice to have some low-entry formations. I like that because of the Warzone format, many of them are themed for specific characters and situations rather than just being the generic "three of [unit]".

Fly Lord

Here's the basics on the book:

Apocalypse: War Zone Damnos
    Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse: War Zone Damnos is the second in a series of supplements for the Apocalypse rulebook. Each War Zone is based on a famous campaign from the history of the Warhammer 40,000 universe and describes the course of the war, the famous battles that were part of it, and the combatants that took part. It also includes all the special rules, missions and formations required to replay the campaign in games of Apocalypse.

This 68-page, hardback, full colour supplement to the Apocalypse rulebook contains:

- A detailed background of the war for Damnos, as fought between Captain Sicarius' 2nd Company of Ultramarines, and the Necrons under the command of the Phaeron known as the Undying.

- A complete background of the characters involved, regiments of note, key battles fought, and unit heraldries.

- A battle report replaying the Battle for the Necropolis.

- A miniatures showcase featuring the key troops and characters of War Zone Damnos.
    New Apocalypse rules, including Damnos Terrain (rules for fighting games of Apocalypse on ice worlds), and the Ice Storm Unnatural Disaster table.

- 4 new Apocalypse missions exclusive to War Zone Damnos.

- 9 new strategic assets exclusive to War Zone Damnos.

- New Damnos Finest Hours special rules.

- 22 new Apocalypse datasheets detailing the key formations of the Ultramarines and Necrons.

- An appendix section providing even more detail to the campaign.
    And the [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/listProducts.jsp?catId=cat1080002a"]Damnos Apocalypse Formations[/URL] just out:

MARINES
    Centurion Decimator Cohort
    Conclave of Ancients
    Deathwatch Strike Team
    Land Raider Spearhead
    Line Breaker Squadron
    Skyhammer Orbital Strike Force
    Skyreign Hunter Squadron
    The Spear of Macragge
    Stormsurge Strike Wing
    Suppression Force
    Ultramarines Honour Guard

NECRONS
    Court of the Flayer King
    Doom Scythe Deathbringer Flight
    Ghost Strider Phalanx
    High Court of Damnos
    Host of the Red Harvest
    Lawbringer Phalanx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damnos-cover.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	4768
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

22 formations, but only 17 on the site. Guess 5 are based on superheavies/FW models.

Fly Lord

Nice to see some of the formation classics like the Linebreaker return.

I assume this means that all the old ones with models will probably come back in time, we will just have to pay for them.

Looks like they found an ongoing revenue model for Apocalypse this time around.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    22 formations, but only 17 on the site. Guess 5 are based on superheavies/FW models.
    WD shows at least one other Necron one, comprised of Nightscythes, and given opponents, probably much whining
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    WD shows at least one other Necron one, comprised of Nightscythes, and given opponents, probably much whining
    Sure that isn't the Doomscythe one?

It isn't just the 2nd Company vs. Necrons, but also details of a new campaign waged by Marneus Calgar and a bunch of the Ultramarines to take the planet back, FYI.

"Deathwatch Strike Force".... Is that really the closest we will get to actual Deathwatch - loads of Sternguard when playing Apocalypse (which is not how they operate - iirc they still only send out a single elite 10 man team at most to complete extremely specific objectives.)

Sorry, Ordos Xenos fan-boy rage... Grrr....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast