BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

At the risk of sounding an arse, I also feel you can easily spot those without a job, or a decent wage. After all, nobody is under any illusion that this is a cheap hobby. And yes, some people aren't able to meet the price. Which sucks for them, but is hardly and issue that would affect me. Yet some seem set on martyring themselves all over the intertubes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

I could NOT agree more with what you just said more Mystery...I agree that it does make me seem like an arse but its kinda true.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ah, I was really irked by this on the weekend actually. I keep falling into the trap of getting annoyed at the front page comments and general hate train - as most recently seen by the recent SM release. The thing that really bothers me is that the level of discourse is just plain boring, when we should be arguing the interesting nerdy stuff like trends, patterns, influences and themes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morph.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	4778

I quite like being convinced by others and, especially with our hobby, something as subjective as aesthetics affords a lot of room to manoeuvre. I should learn in future to talk about it here in the lounge where people are, aptly, more laid back and insightful.

And also you've made a valid decision. The special edition isn't just a different art on the cover. The materials used are completely different - the pages and bindings is more akin to the very high quality forgeworld books. I only found this only after i had preordered thanks to the mountain of noise
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GravesDisease; 09-02-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Chapter-Master

I just hope they've been proofread better than the heresy one was..

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

The more I read of this forum, the more convinced I am that I made the right decision to move my hobby discussion here. Because it is just that; discussion.
    Hugs all round. No. Not you. You play the wrong army. You can have a hug though!

Battle-Brother

Yes, it seems that the art of debate at least to a large group of people has been lost. I also agree with Skullchewer I have seen a lot friendlier and debate themed discussion on here, not to see this is perfect mind you but it seems a lot more adult.

Chapter-Master

You'll never find perfect on the internet...

Chaplain

Yay hugs I feel all warm and fuzzy inside my metal body ok back to shredding tanks on a 6, so who was next?

but with money and this hobby you are right, I got into this hobby a year or two ago and it was expensive but seems to have become more expensive then I thought it would be I don't know why just dose, but can I raise a point isn't this hobby targeted at 14 year olds or so?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    You'll never find perfect on the internet...
    I'm right here! Ha ha ha, don't hurt me.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    but with money and this hobby you are right, I got into this hobby a year or two ago and it was expensive but seems to have become more expensive then I thought it would be I don't know why just dose, but can I raise a point isn't this hobby targeted at 14 year olds or so?
    I don't think the hobby in general is, but GW certainly feel like they're targeting a younger audience than when I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullchewer View Post
    I'm right here! Ha ha ha, don't hurt me.
    One member does not a forum make...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast