BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Default Your favorite pieces of 40k art.

If theres one thing that drives this hobby its the artwork, it offers inspiration and a visceral image of the 40k world that test just can't capture, with that in mind, who's willing to share some of their favourite artwork for 40k here?

Here's some of mine (currently on my Desktop rotation)

Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Majestic Chicken on DeviantArt does a really good job, doesn't he? He's very skilled at taking the old black-and-white art and adding in the color, as he did for the three you chose.

My favorite are a few of the following:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

I'm still a sucker for the pieces that got me into the hobby, the Dark Angels cover (though I prefer the second ed that came out soon after);

and the 3rd Ed Rulebook cover

There have been numerous better pieces since, but these two just spark something off in me.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Banned

My favourite 40K artwork almost always comes from early 40K.

My favourites of all time are these two:

The Jes Goodwin techpriest picture is singlehandedly responsible for my twenty-year desire for/frustration at the lack of an AdMech army.

Other artworks I really like tend to be the less obvious.

I wish they did Imperial Guard in plastic that looked like this:

Marines have never looked cooler than this 1st edition Rogue Trader art IMO:
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

I also like some of the 'Love Can Bloom' fan art:

These's also this Dark Eldar fan art I found. I like the fact it could be the equivelant of a DE family photo:

I also like the extremely rare non-fanservicey art that shows women in the 40K universe:

I always find the almost total lack of human female presence in 40K artwork something that makes the suspension of disbelief significantly harder to maintain, so it's nice to see some pieces where non-Eldar women are acknowledged as existing. Even (especially) when they're AdMech cyber monstrosities.

And while I've never been a fan of Chaos (and probably never will), I have always had a soft spot for this piece:

Finally, I love the Forge World 'realistic' interpretations of Space Marines:

As well as "Soulstorrm"'s Inquisitor - this is how the Inquisition should look:

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Nice showing guys. What do you think? Worth making this into a repository for people's viewing pleasure?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast