BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Play By Post - Seeking Players

Play Location/Method: [url]http://grognard.sytes.net/[/url]
    Game/System: Warhammer Fantasy Rolepay (likely 2e, but using 1e setting and extras)
    Player or GM?: I'm the GM
    Time/Frequency: GM posts, players have 24 hrs to respond, deliberate and post IC replies, GM updates etc. 48 hrs max per turn.
    Genre: [URL="http://grognard.sytes.net/WFRP%20Information%20Booklet.pdf"]pdf[/URL]
    Current needs: I'm looking for 2-3 more players to make up a party of entry level PC's
    Short description of the setting/campaign:
    Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay First Edition is typically a slop-around-in-the-gutter type of fantasy, where every brass pfennig, every arrow or bolt, and every blow struck counts. It is, on the whole, a grimmer, bloodier, grittier affair than D&D.

Chaplain

Sounds like it could be fun, would we need the books to join in though?

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    Sounds like it could be fun, would we need the books to join in though?
    Nope. Most people have the core rules in pdf (that I know of), I have the books (ebay ftw) and digital copies of everything for the first and second editions. You don't need either to play. Your character sheet will have the skills/stats on, the rest is handled by the GM.

The game will be a second edition game. I'm still looking for 1 more player. Its a good mix of experienced (10 year vets) and total scrublords, so should be fun. Have you ever played a play by post game before? Its real important that you understand that this is a commitment, potentially for months or even years. We will be enforcing a (maximum) 48 hour post rate too.

Check out the corresponding thread at StS: [url]http://forum.strike-to-stun.net/viewtopic.php?t=5023[/url]

Saves me copy/pasting.
    Last edited by rouvenor; 09-09-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Chaplain

Hi, I've not played one before, I seem to keep missing the start of them. Regular posting shouldn't be a problem as I seem to spend half my life attached to a computer of one sort or another.

Ok well we have a fairly full complement of players now, however I am banking on half of them falling down internet mine shafts within the first week or two (its always thus alas) so if you're keen I'll go ahead and add you to the roster. Can you PM me (or ideally just use the forum contact form - bottom right of my site) your email address and the username you would like on the forum? I'll send your account details and you can get stuck in. The Pre Game Discussion is the place to post. Also if you want to chat there's a feature on the site which I am logged in to 24/7. We'll have a dedicated mumble server as of tomorrow too. So all the many bases of wasting time are covered.

Check out the [URL="http://grognard.sytes.net/forum/index.php?mode=page&id=2"]FAQ[/URL] as well for more info on style/setting etc.

NB: Anyone else who is genuinely interested is welcome to do the same. The more the merrier. I am trying to build a social group as much as a game. I'm also going to be running some classic board games on the site in the next few months. Starting with HeroQuest the MB classic from the 90's.
    Last edited by rouvenor; 09-10-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    Hi, I've not played one before, I seem to keep missing the start of them. Regular posting shouldn't be a problem as I seem to spend half my life attached to a computer of one sort or another.
    Fair enough well if you are interested get in touch using the contact form on my site (send me an email adress and a username) and I will register you on the forum. I cba with this place anymore. If I post a url it just eats the post. I understand keeping spammers at bay but when every post I make requires 2 days of admin approval to show up - forget that!

All the best!

Hello! Rouvenor. I am very glad to stand here to talk to you about roleplay. To be honest, I am a loyal fan of roleplay. So, could you take me into your consideration, please? I will be very grateful to you. But, I have no idea where to buy my favourite cosplay costumes. Oh, what about skycostume on-line store? Thank you very much!

How does this game compare to Descent: Journeys in the Dark ?