BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default What Sounds do Your Army's Weapons Make?

In your head?

I'm serious. What sort of sounds do they make, in your head, when you are playing them?

I play a variety of armies, so my ideas are quite varied. I picture Imperial weapons as having that high-pitched firearms "crack!" and lower artillery "boom!" depending on the weapon. Except for lascannons, which are a sharp high-pitched hiss, and melta weapons, which make more of muffled "whump" noise (followed by sizzling, of course). Plasma weapons have that traditional sci-fi "pew pew" noise, getting larger as the weapon increases in size.

Eldar weapons, on the other hand, are all eerily silent. Their shuriken weapons all make only the faintest hiss as the monomolecular edge weapon cuts through the air. Even their beam weapons only make the nearly inaudible sound of the air being ionized and displaced by the laser or lance shot. Of course, the results are noisier - the thud of shurikens into flesh, the scream of tortured metal - but the shots themselves are nearly silent.

The Tau are somewhere in-between. Their mechanical weapons - missile launchers and such - make audible clicking noises as new rounds are chambered, and the missiles have fairly noisy rockets and fairly noisy explosions. Railguns are accompanied by increasingly impressive booms. The various plasma weapons make quiet, muted "pew pew" sounds, while ion weapons just make a staticky hiss.

What about you? What do you imagine while you're playing?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

An Orky battlefield is a noisy battlefield. Between the DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA of shootas and big shootas, and the even louder BRAKA BRAKA BRAKA of deffguns, and the overlapping BOOM-BLAM of kilkannons and boomgunz, you can barely hear the zzap guns crackling.

Also, the Praetor's missiles go pf-WSH-FEEEEEW! It looks like it rolled out of a Thunderbirds episode, it should sound like it too.

Plasma cannons do not go "pew pew." They go BEYOW!

I imagine my space marines' bolters making a BAOWL sound from the initial propellant and the short muzzle, followed by a hiss that you generally can't hear because you're either deafened by the initial discharge or it's buzzing past your ear like a bumblebee. My space marines' bolter fusillades are generally pretty quiet, because they don't believe in suppression fire as a rule and fire single shots, like the professionals they are. Melta weaponry just makes a sort of frying bacon sizzle. Lascannon make an electric whine as the capacitors discharge followed by a thunderclap as they ionize the air.

My orks believe in suppression fire to the exclusion of all else and only fire single shots with high-caliber pistols. Their sluggas either make a CRACK CRACK noise or a RAT-A-TAT (for the select-fire sluggas), and their shootas make a lot of DAKKA DAKKA while the big shootas go BUDDA BUDDA and the dakkagunz go DADDADADDADAKK, all punctuated by the FWAOSH of rokkits corkscrewing through the air.

According to my five year old son, they ALL go "Pew-Pew".

Chapter-Master

"I don't know what that weapon is called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes another man's life."
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you b*****d! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? F**k you! Hicks? Hicks! HICKS!!!"

Chapter-Master

My railguns sound exactly the Normandy going through mass acceleration thingy on Mass Effect.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Ah yes, railguns.

whmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMPAWW!

Guns I dunno.

But my Necrons sound like the Martians from Mars Attacks!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

For Orkz, I'd imagine it like this but with more explosions and people yelling "Waagh!" as loud as possible.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAkkIbRbRE[/url]

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast