BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    Still not quite getting how this works, but ok.
    How would you make them "worth taking" without breaking them then?
    This is what we're aiming for, don't like something so propose how to fix it.
    I don't know the best way to fix it but potentially giving them the ability to charge / engage half the other persons army with the only possible defense being overwatch isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Siris Le Osiris View Post
    I don't know the best way to fix it but potentially giving them the ability to charge / engage half the other persons army with the only possible defense being overwatch isn't the answer.
    Any unit hit by their blind attack rule could be assaulted?

Battle-Brother

Any unit hit by blind may not target the deepstriking unit?

i believe deamons of each god should be avaible to the legion of the god also and from 1st time should have been 1 chaos codex that icluded both armies

Ok, since the thread is pretty much just nila marines, I think a few simple changes.

-all CSM have VOTLW straight off the bat.
    -Lucius, Typhus, Kharn and Ahriman should have eternal warrior. Pretty over guardsmen with meltas popping a 260pt special charactor.
    -Ahriman should count as having a familiar, a Master 4 10,000 yr old psyker with the knowledge of Magnus isn't going to blow himself up, Eldrad is the baseline for lvl4 psykers.
    -Khorne bezerkers should be 19 points each, get chain axes as standard, chances are, they won't make it to CC anyway, with armies like Tau.
    -All loyalist vehicles should be present in the CSM list, minus their machine spirits.
    -Dino-bots go to Codex Daemons.
    -Thousand Sons 16 points each, the ability to crunch power armour does not mean they should cost as much as a sternguard.
    -No teleport homers. Run the risk of Vanilla Dex.
    -Dedicated AA unit that's not a dragon or flakk aka useless missiles.
    -rules options for each legion similar to chapter tactics, simple ones, such as stubborn, infiltrate etc.
    -2 up armour options that aren't just terminator armour, like in the 3.5 dex, I can live with the 4 up invul, but 25 points is steep exp. when compared to a storm shield at 30pts.
    -Warlord Traits are useless, and the challenge rule should only count against other space marines.
    -Spawnhood and daemonhood should not affect ANY special charactors.

Make more severe changes then this and you run the risk of becoming too much like Codex SM, and you may as well just play that.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicsarge55 View Post
    It would make the Codex so much better if they just took a page from HH volume one from FW for making fluffy and bad *** options for chaos lords, Just like the Legion Centurion you could have a wargear list for options he could take and then just have a page of "Legion wargear packs".
    I Love the idea of legion (or maybe god) specific wargear packs. And if those included USRs that he confers to units he joins then that'd pan out real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Siris Le Osiris View Post
    How about this;
    Mutilators CAN assault from deepstrike, because if someone really wants to use up all their elite slots to tie up 3 of my units in hth then go for it I say!
    Warptalons get stealth and shrouded on the turn they arrive ONLY until the start of their next movement phase. Representing the longer range effect of the warp tear and meaning they're a bugger to kill on arrival.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

also the dont get why csm dont have drop pods or they forgot them when they turned so droppods should be in!

Brother-Captain

Agree, it's in the first post

about mutilator why the max 3 man squad 5 man why all other codexes get 5 doublewounded models e.g. paladins etc ok oblits its overkill but mutilator are meele plus remove snp from them what they cant run they fight in cc and cant run...
    Last edited by Polichronis Pepekis; 09-03-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Brother-Captain

Whilst I agree the major standing difference is points
    5 man unit with marks would be 400pts plus. Which is WAY too much.
    Maybe adjust the points down and the cap up? Make them pointed more like meganobz? Say 50pts each with a cap of 10?
    Then no need for assault from DS shenanigans either.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast