BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Brother-Captain

Bumped to point out this;
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?35591-Night-Lords-Home-brew-Supplement-Beta-Version-0-1/page2[/url]
    I'm still working on the other three non-cult legions and then I'll hit up cults.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Revert the marks of Khorne and Tzeentch back to their previous incarnations, they were nerfed for no reason and left Nurgle and Slaanesh as clearly superior in almost all circumstances.
    I agree with Tzeench... But IMO the Mark of Khorne got better: Rage AND Counterattack? you mean my bolter marines with CCW get 4 Attacks when YOU charge ME?!?!?!? You mean my Lord on a Juggernaut with Axe of Blind Rage can still pour out up to 12 attacks?!?!?!
    And keep in mind that Berzerkers in effect have BOTH the old version MoK and the new.
    Assaulting from Deepstrike should be a Khorne ability, IMHO, but it should be a Disorderd Charge: IIRC, you get the Weapon bonus but not the Charge Bonus, yeah? so, for example, a group 10 Khorneate Termies with twin LC's would get 3 Attacks a piece. Add in 'Pass a LD check first' and i think it would be balanced.

To grant balance of effect to the other marks, perhaps granting FnP 6+ to Nurgle units, and bonus to Tzeench units Invuln save when massed in multiples of the old 'Sacred Number'.

Then F*** Slaanesh. He's weak. in truth idk.

Looted Imperial Vehicles would be a great addition to the Chaos Repertoire, just make them immune to the 'master of mechanisms' or whatever rule. Drop-pods should have been included in the standard dex.

Librarian

as some one who plays a mono khorne list..... your dead wrong. In this edition and with the cost of my berserker's they are horrible. honestly i put thousand son's above them when it comes to power level...
    At what point does it make sense that CSM with MOK are the better more practical option then actually taking a cult troop choice... a disordered charge makes my berserkers very expensive marines that are slightly better in combat. berserkers are supposed to be the most vicious assault marines in the galaxy. Instead they are over costed bullet catchers. i went from running 4 units of berserkers in 5th to a single unit of them now with kharn in a land raider to maintain some semblance of fluff... the rest got swapped out for CSM with mok and cultists... its a sad sad day to play world eaters.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

To be fair Romulous that's less to do with the MoK (which is pretty good, and definitely better than tzeentch) and more to do with the core rules punishing assault units this edition AND an almost complete lack of effective delivery options being available to CSM's.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

^agreed^

Librarian

@deadboarder i can agree to that. i had to bite the bullet go out get a land raider and forge world doors just to be able to consistently deliver kharn and his unit of World Eaters. Its a sad day when you have to wonder if you really did put kharn in a land raider with a squad would there even be a squad left alive?
    But ya i look at them and in their current set up the berserkers ride in a land raider the CSM with MOK ride in a rhino so that they can take advantage of shooting and then assault if they are alive and able to do so. I know that for a standard unit the CSM are a hard toss up every time for me when it comes to me wanted to play as much as a i can with my berserkers and then realizing that i do not want to watch the forge world conversion marines get shot to pieces and never see an assault phase... thus kharn stole a land raider and forced a group of berserkers inside as gunpoint.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

sounds similar to a list I'm thinking of, but its a nurgle lord with mace and a pari of muti's backed up by a pair of MoN CSM in rhino's. Let me know how the raider rhino rush been works for you?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

It has always been mixed results for me so far. the rhino's always give up first blood i have discovered but usually it gets balanced out with line breaker. what i have found works for keeping them alive is that my World eaters are heavily meched up. so i provide you will a boat load of targets to shoot at all of which want to kill you.

basic list has been this so far might get tweaked not sure yet.

7 khorn bikers 2x plasma power weapon
    chaos lord mok biker sigil AOBR

kharn
    7 berserkers
    land raider (kitted so dirge and dozer)

2xcsm rhino dirge 2x plasma and pw champ

2 pred ac/lc
    2 baledrakes

its played at 2k. its got alot of units that can hurt you and when played aggressively it gets in your face and does a lot of damage from turn 1.

once the drakes come in its basically a free for all which chaos seems to thrive in. so what i've been doing is from turn 1-2 i tend to focus my AT weapons against things that will hurt the drakes. most opponents either go for the biker and lord or for the berserkers. its really a toss up. usually turn 1 everything jumps up 18 that's mech potentially the bikers while the pred's hunt for anti air options. this puts the pressure on my opponents from turn 1. i can use the raiders and rhinos as LOS blockers for the bikers who come turn 2 are going to be in position to cause serious havoc. when you get into it body wise threes 30 odd marines and 8 bikers on the table supported by Armour it does a ton of damage. the previous list had 8 khorn bikers which i dropped along with several combi weapons to get the axe. honestly the ws5 doesn't seem to bother me the ap2 attacks and str bonus at initiative are just wicked. and with it being a daemon weapon who cares i will run the risk of killing myself.

Brother-Captain

Bumped because this [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?36186-Iron-Warrior-Homebrew-Rules&p=358228#post358228[/url]
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718