BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Cool birthday present Ipad Case

Hey Hey:
    My wife has been doing leatherwork for over a 1/2 year now and made this for my birthday. I am kinda disappointed that the price increase of GW has left me out of the hobby but at least i got a rocking Ipad case. Enjoy the pictures. If you got any questions or comments on it i'd love to hear. Have a great weekend.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_msntdgSeAO1rzgfrso1_250.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	4822Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_msntdgSeAO1rzgfrso2_250.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	4823Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_msntdgSeAO1rzgfrso3_500.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	4824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_msntdgSeAO1rzgfrso4_500.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	4825
    qp

Very good idea and execution! Like very much indeed!

i think it took her about 30 hours to make it. The big problem was for me trying to get it perfect i went over 100 different ideas till i was happy with it. I think it turned out great

Chapter-Master

Awesome work.. Shame the wife gets an expensive hobby and you luck out.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

thanks for the compliment. On her "expensive hobby" i can't say that as such since she makes money with her hobby. Her expenses to date wouldn't even pay for a 2K point 40K army but meh no biggy.

Nice! I especially like the plasma pistol and sword.

I've been exporting my Army Builder files as PDFs so I can electronically view them on my pad.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

You're lucky you married her, else there'd be a lot of other nerds running after her (gasping from lack of exercise of course, but running as well as possible).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

thanks for the compliments. Ironically she hunted me down....

The plasma pistol and sword was honestly all that i could dream up to make sense in that spot. I changed the order of the catachizm on the back to feel like it was an Ordos Xenos Inquisitors. You can also kit out him with a plasma pistol and force sword. I wanted a digital weapon too but the wife shot that idea down.

My original plan for that spot was to have a retinue list for the inquisitor. I'd then have to come up with names, cross out those that died, who took their place. It all sounded cool in my head but whenever i put it on paper it seemed to feel either a little over the top, or wayyy too nerdy. I wanted an Ipad case, i didn't want to re-write Inquisitor War and Peace.

Hopefully by this month she'll have I pad cases up on her ETSY site. However no one gets it for free except me. LOL. Have a great weekend everyone.

qp