BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Scout

I dunno about some of these rumours. I mean the wolf rider has been mentioned repeatedly, so I guess I can reconcile him being in the codex. But the thunderhammer thrower? Really? I thought we were playing 40k, not D&D.

The scout character's fluff seems appropriately wolfy, but comparisons to Telion are probably going too far. SW scouts operate entirely differently from SM scouts.

Battle-Brother

perhaps but they wont be the exact same rules - he might have 2 powerfists and 5 attacks for all we know

(my bet is he wont though)

Even if you could field a SW Termie list at 75pts each it would be pretty small. Less effective too if they still have the aversion to teleporting.

"Long Fangs, Heavy Bolters for only a handful of points, you know about the same as a meltagun for regular marines... Also you can carry five heavy weapons... It's brilliant."

as a none SW player (I have got a few some where mind that might get dusted of for a game or two) this is the thing that most interests me. In the vanilla codex deviators took a big hit playing for both the unneeded sergeant and increase of squad cost to cover the “free” weapons without getting access to them. Add to that the slight nerffing of HB and ML because of the new cover rules and damage table and you now only ever see dev in newbie lists. So getting heavy bolters cheap would be a good move that will hopefully peculate down into the other SM codex. Hopefully the iron father gets a bit of a boast compared to the standard tec priest as well them back into regular play.

I dont get it. How come we dont know more yet?

Most codexes by a month before we have the page by page.

This one seems strangely kept secret.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Twilit View Post
    The scout character's fluff seems appropriately wolfy, but comparisons to Telion are probably going too far. SW scouts operate entirely differently from SM scouts.
    Just as an uneducated guess from that tiny bit of fluff, I'm expecting him to be more Sly Marbo/Lone Wolf-ish than Telion like.

D'no about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to this Codex. To be honest, I never liked our existing codex....nice 'n fluffy, but not wolf enough.

*chuckles at the image of Wolves assaulting a Land raider* FOR RUSS!!!!

Scout

I am looking forward to packs of wolves as fast attack. I have a theme for my Winter Wolves army, and bikes/jump packs/hover vehicles didn't quite mesh with it. I was using the EoT Codex for the wolf packs as my fast attack. Looking forward to seeing if you need a Saga or not to access them, and what the Saga may be. Though, I'm not too keen on the SW riding wolves. Maybe it's just me...

Battle-Brother

dunno about you guys but if i want to some wolf riders ill just use lions from high elf chariots some green stuff and a little imagination

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaellars View Post
    I dont get it. How come we dont know more yet?

Most codexes by a month before we have the page by page.

This one seems strangely kept secret.
    This might become the future Im afraid. It seems that the design studio has grown tired of having the next codex accessible on the net months before its release. They tried harder on Lizardmen and IG but to no real result. There were black and white PDFs available on the net anyway at least 1 month ahead...

Looking at SW and Skavens, out 1 and 2 months from now, they seem to have succeeded a bit better. The SW might still be fairly accounted for, but them rats are still hiding good in their holes, that book is still clouded in smokebombs

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast