BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I'm rather impressed with it, the only sour point for me being Tigurius. Probly a tad undercosted if not OP but a kick in the teeth to eldar players.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

No special weapons for command squads anymore. My two vets with flamers say thank you GW.

In terms of the Chapter Tactics, I'm thoroughly chuffed they're no longer linked to special characters. Each set is decent, but nothing there immediately jumps out as better than the others.

Grav-guns are indeed very saucy, but of course incredibly situation dependant. They'll bum other MEQ's, and other well armoured stuff, but are less than useful against Guard and other Hordes, not to mention Daemons who typically lack an armour save entirely. This in itself is likely to keep their numbers fairly restrained.

Centurions. Think what you like of the models, they're filthy. Fire two weapons, and Siege Drills are sweet! S9, AP2, Armourbane, but no Unwieldy.

Dream combo for me? Stormraven, 4 Devastator Centurions, Ironclad Dreadnought. Enough fire power and overall clout to mess up pretty much anything. It's very pricey, but really tempting!

Also, Vanguard Vets get a nice little boost, in so far as they ignore disordered charge rules. Neither truly spectacular or game breaking, but very useful when faced with Hordes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm rather impressed with it, the only sour point for me being Tigurius. Probly a tad undercosted if not OP but a kick in the teeth to eldar players.
    Eh, I'm not so certain Tigurius is that bad anymore. He's gone way down in his overall utility. He used to know like eight powers, and he could use three each turn. He always knew those eight powers. Now, he only ever knows three - yes, he can reroll to select them, but three out of a max of like 35 is not the same as knowing all eight out of eight - he's far less useful as a utility kit now. Additionally, he can't definitely use three a turn anymore. Some of those powers might be 2 Warp Charge.

Meanwhile, Eldrad has an epic Invulnerable save, a better weapon, is one Mastery Level better, and can generate more Warp Charge for himself. He's still the better psyker; it's just that Tigurius is far and away the best human psyker. (Mephiston is the best whatever he is psyker).

None of which is to say that I think you're wrong, but I think this is the thinking behind his price drop.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Ah, but compare Tigurius to a standard Libby, and my is he an amazing deal. But, I won't say broken as he is just a PA model with no invuln. Plus I have Shadows to help me!

Battle-Brother

I am so happy at the small but good inclusion of some of the smaller chapters, Iron snakes yeeaaaaah!, the art work is amazing.... and I now know that my next sm chapter will be the iron crusaders mostly due to the fact they are only mentioned once nothing is know about them and they can be easily molded into badasses...

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

I love the codex itself. It really seems "Codex: Space Marines" this time and not "Codex: Ultramarines and their fangirls". I had been worried that the post-heresy Imperial Fist and Black Templar fluff would be changed from what it was in the Graham McNeil Black Templar codex, but it's still faithful to that. The Imperial Fists, supported by Russ and Vulkan did still almost go to war against the Ultramarines, supported by the Khan and Corax. The Black Templars didn't get the codex treatment that the poor Grey Knights got at Wards hands (though I notice that they've left out the fact they greatly outnumber any codex chapter this time). Captains are still Marshals in the fluff section too. All in all quite happy.
    Will be re-writing my standard list though, my normal 1500 point list is now 1550...
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Eh, I'm not so certain Tigurius is that bad anymore. He's gone way down in his overall utility. He used to know like eight powers, and he could use three each turn. He always knew those eight powers. Now, he only ever knows three - yes, he can reroll to select them, but three out of a max of like 35 is not the same as knowing all eight out of eight - he's far less useful as a utility kit now. Additionally, he can't definitely use three a turn anymore. Some of those powers might be 2 Warp Charge.
    Most of those eight powers were pretty terrible. The rest were just kinda useful. Now, he's got access to some extremely powerful powers, from Misfortune to Prescience to Endurance to Invisibility and so on. He's much, much better now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Depends on the selection made, and the rolls gained.

Tiggy is pokey if lucky, but a smidge 'meh' if it goes a bit wrong!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

I bought mine this morning and a couple of us sat down and wrote a review: -

[url]http://toyznthehood.com/578/power-extreme-review-of-codex-space-marines-2013/[/url]

I absolutely love it - it's still the marines we know and love but there's some great new stuff. My favourite thing is probably the Chapter Relics as they let you make your own characters that feel like they can go toe-to-toe with the Special Characters.

And Tigurius is rock, incredibly good value, you'd be made not to take him in Ultramarines. But then you couldn't use the other Chapters
    Shameless Plug - Check out my blog at www.toyznthehood.com

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast