BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Grav weapons and mixed units

Sooo... how do Grav weapons work against units with mixed Armour Saves (like a Broadside team with drones)? There's nothing about than in the codex entry, and neither does it really fall under "majority Toughness" or some such, since it's not about Toughness...

I'd still play it that way, if just for lack of a better idea really... what do you guys think?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

It goes on armor save yes? and we take saves on the closest model, so logically id say you take it that way, or majority save for the unit if you wanted to be more even with it and less prone to cheese, (space wolves sticking wolves at the front so its 5s(?) to wound them.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

draken you don't allowcate wounds till after you have wounded a unit, as such you don't just "take the closest"

I personally feel that Majority sv is the way to go until/if we get clarification.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

apologies, i should not write replies while i have a screaming child on my lap. Thinking back on this less screaming child, i agree, id say it would be majority for sure.

Chaplain

well I tend to go model by model but I play smaller games where even a dead guardsmen is a sacrifice

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    Sooo... how do Grav weapons work against units with mixed Armour Saves (like a Broadside team with drones)? There's nothing about than in the codex entry, and neither does it really fall under "majority Toughness" or some such, since it's not about Toughness...

I'd still play it that way, if just for lack of a better idea really... what do you guys think?
    Id go majority toughness - have you sent a request for clarity to [email][email protected][/email] ?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    draken you don't allowcate wounds till after you have wounded a unit, as such you don't just "take the closest"

I personally feel that Majority sv is the way to go until/if we get clarification.
    I agree. There is no real way to figure it out otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to throw in a no-armor model added to the back of a Terminator unit and then use the "highest armor save", or conversely, so majority save is the only fair way.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post

Id treat the roll as a normal roll to wound substituting majority armour for majority toughness - have you sent the request for clarity to [email][email protected][/email] ?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

I think its kind of funny because i know some people will want to have it go by closest model because of people putting 2+ armor saves out front to tank shots, and to them i will agree with them and then put Eldrad or my Farseer out front his is non existing armor frolicking up the field while doing my "you can't hurt me dance". otherwise yeah majority save.

Those new Grav weapons should definitely wound vs the majority armor save of the unit, as most weapons wound against the majority Toughness of the unit, or some other majority stat. Unless a weapon specifically can target a single model within a unit that is, but I don't think Grav weapons do that.

Grav weapons are appealing vs armored foes, and being AP2 can certainly put the hurt on Infantry; but vs Daemons with mostly invul saves they only would on a 6, and Daemons get their invul saves vs AP2 anyway, so that's kinda worthless in that case. I think they only do anything vs vehicles on a 6 though, which also kinda stinks. So I don't think we'll see whole Grav weapon armies, but a sprinkling, which is of course generally the wiser way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast