BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dev centurians

Default Dev centurians

So the big fists are not power fists.......why?
    Purge the Weak!

Because if they use them to punch it'll bend the barrels of their guns?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

and because they would make assault cents completely obsolete...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    and because they would make assault cents completely obsolete...
    The fact that the assault cent drills aren't unwieldy makes them a bit better then powerfists.

I was about to say ya the drills are iniative order.
    Purge the Weak!

Brother-Captain

They should function in such a way that, when no other option is available, the gun can be slid back and the massive fists can be used for CC. But then, I'm not a ruler-writer, so what do I know?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I thought that, but then I don't really want to pay anything more for what is in my (Imperial Fists) army an anti-tank shooting unit. Sit them in cover/behind an Aegis line, and start popping tanks.
    3x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers + an Omniscope on the Sergeant = lots of dead tanks.

They're strength five. So it's a big fist, but not a power fist. Doesn't have the power-field which enhances strength and negates armour. Still hits like an express train, though.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian122 View Post
    I thought that, but then I don't really want to pay anything more for what is in my (Imperial Fists) army an anti-tank shooting unit. Sit them in cover/behind an Aegis line, and start popping tanks.
    3x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers + an Omniscope on the Sergeant = lots of dead tanks.
    Why not bump that up to 6 Centurions? Then you have 6 x twin-linked lascannons and 6 x MLs. With split fire, that gives you twice the firepower and damage potential as any Dev squad.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    They're strength five. So it's a big fist, but not a power fist. Doesn't have the power-field which enhances strength and negates armour. Still hits like an express train, though.
    That's not good enough for me. They should have made some sort of entry for them being "AP3" or something, instead of just S5 AP-.

Also, I'm of the opinion that the Centurion should have gotten an invulnerable save of some kind -- at least a 6+.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast