BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2k White Scars. Old Vs New.

So been playing around with my codex, and decided to do a 2k list up. Its very similar to the list i ran last year at a tournament. Ill have it here for comparisons sake.

THE OLD LIST:
    HQ
    Captain
    bike, relic blade, storm shield
    180pts
    Command Squad
    bikes, standard, champion, lightning claw x2, storm shield x2, flamer
    300pts
    Master of the forge
    bike, conversion beamer
    155pts

TROOPS
    Bike Squad
    extra bikes x5, melta gun x2, attack bike, multi melta, power fist
    310pts
    Bike Squad
    extra bikes x5, melta gun x2, attack bike, multi melta, power fist
    310pts
    Scout Squad
    combat weps and pistols, camo cloaks, melta bombs, combi melta
    105pts

Fast Attack
    Land Speeders x2
    typhoon missles x2
    180pts
    Land Speeder Storm
    heavy flamer
    60pts

Heavy Support
    Vindicator
    siege shield, extra armor
    140pts
    Vindicator
    siege shield, extra armor
    140pts
    Predator
    lascannon sponsons
    120pts

2000pts

THE NEW LIST:

HQ
    Captain
    bike, relic blade, storm shield
    TOTAL= 150pts
    Command Squad
    bikes, Company Standard, apothacary, Champion, 3x storm shield, 3x Lightning claw
    TOTAL= 255pts
    Master of the forge
    bike, conversion beamer, power axe
    TOTAL= 145pts

TROOPS
    7x scouts
    Camo Cloaks, 6x Sniper Rifles, heavy bolter, hellfire rounds
    TOTAL= 110pts
    5x Scouts
    Combat Weapons
    Total= 55pts
    LandSpeeder Storm
    Heavy Flamer
    TOTAL= 45pts
    9x Bikes
    2x Meltaguns, Power Fist, Vet Sargent
    TOTAL= 223pts
    9x Bikes
    2x Plasmaguns, Powerfist, Vet Sargent
    TOTAL= 233pts

FAST ATTACK
    Stormtalon Gunship
    Typhoon Missle Launchers
    TOTAL= 145pts
    3x Landspeeders
    3x Typhoon Missle Launchers
    TOTAL= 225pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Predator
    T.L. Lascannon, lascannon Sponsons
    TOTAL= 140pts
    Vindicator
    Siege Shield
    TOTAL= 135pts
    Vindicator
    Siege Shield
    TOTAL= 135pts

2001pts

The difference is massive and i cannot believe how much cheaper some stuff is.

Anyway, any comments or critique on the new list would be great. As I really cannot wait to test it, but will probably do some tweaking before i get a chance to get it on the table

Battle-Brother

nice list

You'll have to do something about that stray point, but I'd suggest considering replacing the plasma gun bikers with grav guns. The relentless platform is ideal for them and if you're shooting at orks or daemons or something you can just use your twin linked bolter.

Also, your captain as is is more durable with the storm shield, but for the same points you can take Khan on his bike and have army wide scout, so that may be worth considering.

I did think of that, Grav guns may be handy, Im tossing up finding a way to make 3 squads of 6 instead of 2 squads of 9, and having the 3rd unit have Grav guns in there. Theres a few things i can easily chop and change if need be. Hell i might just drop the axe on the Master of the forge and hand out melta bombs to the scout sargent in the 5 man squad. and maybe for the captain as well just in case.

Ive got a Khan model going on a bike, I may yet switch him out and try him instead of this captain setup, I may try and test both and see how they go.

Veteran-Sergeant

the Relic blade is a two handed weapon so you cant use it with the storm shield
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

How did you get the second troops selection of bikes? You only get one per captain right? You had room in your FA slots just wondering.

biker captains make all nike squads with 5 models or more a troops choice.

also why the MOTF on bike? i take it your giving him relentless so he can shoot his conversion beamer? but that doesn't work anymore. its not only heavy, its rules for using it state if you move you cannot fire due to the MOTF not being able to calibrate its firing trajectory or something. while i think he is redundant to the list and there is alot more better options.

other than that, nice solid list overall

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop! View Post
    the Relic blade is a two handed weapon so you cant use it with the storm shield
    Actually, you can. They FAQ'd it that you can take a two-handed weapon and a storm shield. It came up in the last codex as well. Two-handed weapons only disallow your from getting a +1 attack on the charge, not from having another weapon. It's why you never saw anyone with two relic blades (something I always wanted to do) because they didn't give you a +1 for having two cc weapons.

@OP: Nice list. A lot of mobile weapon platforms and the choice of being able to hit hard from up close or from far away. Although I do think you will be at a little disadvantage in the air due to the fact that the Stormtalon isn't the best AA gun. I might suggest switching out a Vindicator for a Devastator Squad with missile launchers and flakk missiles.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

The rules where a model can only hold either two weapons, or one two-handed weapon, disappeared with 4th. That was a long time ago.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Two-handed weapons only disallow your from getting a +1 attack on the charge

They disallow +1 attacks for two melee weapons, you still get the charge bonus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast