BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Terminators Codex: Space Marines

Has anyone noticed, Terminators do not have the option to 'Always Teleport'.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

They did away with it because now deepstriking is always allowed. No need for that rule anymore. If a TO makes up a no-deepstrike mission, they could ban teleporting too if they wanted, but gw always allows it now anyways.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

If I want to make a drop pod terminator list, I have to have terminators on the ground. Always Teleport prevented that.

Very much in keeping with the general trend, though. 6th edition, in general, seems to have a philosophical commitment to models being on the table at the start of the game.

Chapter-Master

that's true... but boy, breaking quite a precedent. Terminators have been in the 'Always Deepstrike' category for a very long time. 15 years. Possibly longer (I can't remember for 2nd Edition).

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    If I want to make a drop pod terminator list, I have to have terminators on the ground. Always Teleport prevented that.
    No it didn't you only don't count if you MUST deploy in reserves, just because you could DS didn't meen that your termies ignored the maximum reserves rules
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    No it didn't you only don't count if you MUST deploy in reserves, just because you could DS didn't meen that your termies ignored the maximum reserves rules
    You need to re-read the rules. Terminators had the option to always teleport, even when missions did not allow them to have reserves. This means that they never counted toward reserve limits, because you could 'always' place them there.

Brother-Captain

I miss the extra 2 slots in the Drop Pod more than I care anything about the editing of a few lines of text.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Well, it was pretty well known that GW did not like the 12 slot drop pods with 10 seats, and the 12 slot Land Raiders.

The compromise: You can still take 1 special/heavy weapon if undermanned squad. I think that's a good trade. I used to build my squads a 8 man units with sgt gear and special weapon. Terminator Commander or Techmarine, etc, filling in the last slot(s).

I am probably going to go back to that system.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 09-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Chapter-Master

Yeah. Because Land Raiders are so broken.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast