BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They're my three favourites too.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Sevatar would be epic, but he's had prophetic visions of his own death and knows he won't live past Terra. But what do we know about prophecies? They're open to interpretation...

The other problem with Sevatar is that he's pretty far gone down the path of the traitor. It seems to me that the thinking behind the Knights Errant is that they're composed of the very most loyal marines imaginable; those so strong and pure of heart that they remained true to the Emperor and their duty in the midst of utter corruption. In a way, maybe this is why Rubio is there - he could have warned everyone about Calth, but didn't because such would be a treachery against the Emperor's own edicts. Or there's another reason, but I think this is what unites all those we know of so far. It's relatively easy to be loyal when everyone is loyal; it's amazingly difficult when all around you has crumbled into darkest treachery and heresy. These guys are special. They looked into the abyss, saw what was gazing back, and they spat in its face.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 09-11-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Yeah thats why I do not t think the emps children will get a founding knight. Their loyalist got killed I sword of truth.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Right. And while you can have Cerberus returning from the dead, if a whole raft of the Istvaan III victims start showing up Miraculously Alive then it just cheapens everything. So probably no Tarvitz, sorry guys.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Also, I just suggested this to the big man ADB.
    Pretty sure he knows.

My knowledge of the possibility comes from [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/262330-a-very-weird-idea-i-just-had-to-share-about-sevatar/"]this thread[/URL] over on the B&C where the possibility is brought up. A D-B pops in on Page 4, and spends a lot of time defending the idea as a possibility and notably not denying it.

The main theme of Prince of Crows concerns Sevatar's disillusionment with the Night Lords and with Kurze himself, and the story ends with him imprisoned on a Dark Angel ship, with the ship he was on blown to pieces. So, as far as anyone in the Night Lords knows, the guy's a goner.

Definitely a theory with some legs.

EDIT: Er, well, maybe he did deny it - in a sort of roundabout way - [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/262330-a-very-weird-idea-i-just-had-to-share-about-sevatar/?p=3208215"]here[/URL]. Still, the possibility's there.
    Last edited by Lexington; 09-11-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

the thing is, that story still has kurze himself romping around on the DA's ship. its basically a guerilla warfare style boarding action at this point.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Sevatar may be one of the founding Astartes for the Grey Knights as I recall Grand Master Khyron had a rather interesting quote that escapes me. It's a far stretch from saying "Death to the False Emperor" to training Grey Knights. I want Sevatar to be alive but we'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Long ago, I got to have a long sitdown with a trusted contact who told me the following on the Grey Knights.

1) The Grey Knights are founded on Garro's group of Loyalist survivors assembled under Malcador's orders.
    2) They were 8 original members, a well rounded group that represents many of the Traitor Legions and includes the following:

Nathaniel Garro (Death Guard)
    Iacton Qruze (Luna Wolves)
    Garviel Loken (Luna Wolves)
    Macer Varren (World Eaters)
    Tylos Rubio (Ultramarines)
    Unknown (Thousand Sons presumed)
    Unknown (Emperor's Children presumed)
    Unknown

3) The Grey Knight named characters are meant to be the "purified loyal mirrors" of Chaos Marine characters, and that you can deduce their original Legion geneseed from this. For example:

<snip>

I still have hopes for Saul Tarvitz, or perhaps Ancient Rylador.

Who do you think best matches up with CSM counterparts?
    I love this topic, so much that Ive help get threads shut down because of my passionate advocacy. For about 5 years i have been focused on the 8 Founding Grandmasters of the Grey Knights. It started for me as a way of proving that Loken lived past the end of GiF. For many years saying Loken was alive could really get the flames hot. Searching for more ammunition to fire i decided i might figure out what reason there might be for his continued existence. My search took me to the Collected Visions were i read the section about Malcador and his twelve souls, eight Loyalists Astartes, taken before the Emperor. Only for something this grand could the authors be saving Loken for. Pulling this thread lead me to many others and i was consumed by the idea of who these 8 men could be. That Each individual was known to the Emperor said to me that they each had to have dome great things to be so noticed. I eventually came to think that each of the would have their story told in the HH novels. When Loken starts Horus Rising by saying "I was there..", I think he is telling his story to Malcador or his Grandmaster brothers. i could go on but i don't think i have to make my usual, hard sell here so ill cut to the chase.

My list of the eight Grey Knight founding Grandmasters.

Nathaniel Garro (Death Guard) Aka Janus
    Garviel Loken (Luna Wolves) Aka Cerberus
    Macer Varren (World Eaters)
    Tylos Rubio (Ultramarines)
    Revuel Arvida (Thousand Sons )
    Saul Tarvitz (Emperor's Children )
    Zygmund Tarrasch (Iron Warriors )
    Masak (Imperial Fist )

Iacton Qruze (Luna Wolves) has been on and off my list but i cant find a place for him now. I see him as redundant for a couple reasons and though he is my favorite Captain of the Heresy i don't think his fate is one of the eight.

M'hotph was on my list for a long time also.. but then i found Arvida.

It is good to know that what was once a long shot is turning out to be right on the money.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.hardrada View Post
    Sevatar may be one of the founding Astartes for the Grey Knights as I recall Grand Master Khyron had a rather interesting quote that escapes me. It's a far stretch from saying "Death to the False Emperor" to training Grey Knights. I want Sevatar to be alive but we'll see I guess.
    If Sevatar turned out to be a founding grand master for the Grey Knights I would stop reading BL books out of principle!

ADB tweeted that it isn't what happens to Sevatar, so we can put that one to rest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast