BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Default Centurion Load-Outs

I really like the look and feel of the Centurions, but I can't decide on the weapon load-outs for them.

Have people been going for a full three grav-cannons for a rediculous amount of short range firepower, or have you been opting for lascannons? Or a mix and an omniscope? And do people think the missile launchers are worth an extra ten points each? Would be interested to hear what other people are thinking/doing.
    Last edited by The Imperial Fist; 09-13-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but if you're playing Imperial Fists, my gut says that lascannons and missile launchers are absolutely worth it (Tank Hunters is effectively +1S, mathematically - S10 lascannons and S9 missile launchers are pretty cool). I do feel like the grav-cannons are the most devastating arm loadout, though.

For the points I'd be more inclined to take las cannons or missile launchers in a dev squad. You still get tank hunter if your IF and its a lot less points. Why pay for relentless when the weapons have such long range not to mention the advantages of cheap bullet catchers in the squad to keep your big guns safe

Relentless Grav Cannon with rerolls to wound is too hard to resist.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

If it were me I'd probably roll Imperial Fist Centurions with 1 guy going Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter, 2 going Lascannon, Missile Launcher.

Veteran-Sergeant

I purchased 2 boxes of the Tubbies for my brother last weekend (a very happy Smurf!) and he made three of each. Awesome models IMO. Easy to add magnets to swap between Las/Grav/Bolter on Dev and Flamer/Melta on the CC. I dig them both a lot, but my favorite are the CC with Grav Cannon Dev's a close second. Just remember to keep focusing on infantry/MC with them and let other stuff deal with vehicles unless you absolutely have to. Other than treating the Dev's like Dark Reapers with the Lascannon/ML using Skyshield/ADL the Land Raider just calls to me with every other load out regardless of squad type. Adding a Psyker to the squad is yummy for Telepathy and Biomancy(Endurance + Tubbies = WIN) and Tiggy just makes it all broken adding Divination(Hello 4++!). If you could somehow add Quicksilver from the GK to the mix I think all that awesomeness would melt my brain, heh heh I'm playing my bro Saturday Eldar vs. Ultrasmurfs.
    Last edited by biffster666; 09-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Chapter-Master

Centurions have Grav Amps. Grav Amps mean you reroll already.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but if you're playing Imperial Fists, my gut says that lascannons and missile launchers are absolutely worth it (Tank Hunters is effectively +1S, mathematically - S10 lascannons and S9 missile launchers are pretty cool). I do feel like the grav-cannons are the most devastating arm loadout, though.
    Tank hunter is now re-roll armour penetration. The +1 str was 4th/5th edition rule, which is to bad .

Chapter-Master

But what he's saying is that they're mathematically very similar.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

3-Man Squad

Facing tanks: 2 x lascannon, 1 x grav gun, 3 x missile launchers

Facing Horde: 3 x heavy bolter, 3 x MLs (frags missiles, dont forget) [or] 3 x heavy bolter and 3 x hurricaine bolters
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast