BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Awesome, thanks. I do feel like a normal Devestator squad is the sensible way to go, but something about the Centurions screams IFs to me. Also I have a box sat here waiting to be constructed...
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

I would run them with Grav Amps all of the time, unless playing Imperial Fists or a bike army. Not that the Centurion unit itself is better with Grav Amps than with LC/ML, but you can get LC/ML elsewhere in the list. Relentless Grav weapons fill a niche (removing MCs, Terminators, and doing damage to heavily armored vehicles) better than anything else, so if you're not running Bikes with Gravity Guns, I want Gravity weapons on the Centurions. But if you have IF, the Tank Hunter bonus is too good to pass up, and if you're running Bikes, you can easily put the Gravity weapons on the Bikes, and save the Centurions for long-range shooting so that they face less incoming firepower.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Aye, I am starting to think as IF going for Las and Missile is the logical way to go.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    Aye, I am starting to think as IF going for Las and Missile is the logical way to go.
    I have Las and Missile in my army, (Squad of three). My next squad of three will have Heavy Bolters and Missile, for the hoard units, but it can be used against light vehicles at a pinch. Gotta love the Tank Hunters.

Don't forget the Omniscope on the Sergeant, gives you the opportunity to take out 2 tanks in 1 turn (if you're lucky), and has the added bonus of you actually wanting night fight in the first turn.

Going IF with 2 las cannons and 1 grav cannon on the Sargent does sounds pretty sweet. That way if you have a rip tide or something that needs to die the Sargent can split fire at it and the las cannons can try to take out a vehicle.

Veteran-Sergeant

Had to move up the game with my brother to this afternoon because of a payroll fiasco issue that two of my people got caught up in. Good times, not!

2k Smurfs vs Eldar, and he rolled Tiggy out in a Crusader with 5 CC Tubbies. He also had a modified his command squad on bikes with THSS. Relic/Crusade combo scenario. He got first turn, and I don't know if I've seen him roll that bad in turn 1 before. Failing 3/3 SS invulnerables invulnerables and the 4++ on his Land Raider the last shot I had turn one at it. Blew it up with a B-Lance and I didn't really appreciate how lucky I was until it was turn six and he still had two of the five with Tiggy still c*#k blocking the Relic from Turn 2-6. He failed one 2+ the whole game and I was pouring fire into them trying to push them off or at least away from the Relic. Forewarning/Perfect timing was just evil with the twin linked melta's an his bubble of death around the Relic. I had to keep picking away at the squads he tried to take the Relic with. Got lucky and was able to keep picking away until the game ended turn 6. Even rolling just terrible I only got the W because of First Blood and Line breaker. It's like trying to push little elephants around, little elephants with an 18" bubble of death and that Tiggy...oh that Tiggy. I'll get to him, heh heh

Considering he was on the defensive turn one even though he went first was rough, but the boys in blue are ready!

Forgot to add that I had Doom on his Tubbies 3 out of 6 turns and he still wouldn't move off the Relic!!!
    Last edited by biffster666; 09-13-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Grav cannons and hurricane or heavy bolter hurricane for me. Grav cannons have done wonders on infantry or armor. Heavy bolters and hurricane bolters have done well too just lacking the ability to deal with armor. tried las cannons once cant say i will again. But the omni scope with grav weapons did well. I run three centurions right now. first 2 shot at a land raider they wrecked it, then the sarg with grav cannons split fired at the squad that was in the wreck he killed 3 terminators!
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    Grav cannons and hurricane or heavy bolter hurricane for me. Grav cannons have done wonders on infantry or armor. Heavy bolters and hurricane bolters have done well too just lacking the ability to deal with armor. tried las cannons once cant say i will again. But the omni scope with grav weapons did well. I run three centurions right now. first 2 shot at a land raider they wrecked it, then the sarg with grav cannons split fired at the squad that was in the wreck he killed 3 terminators!
    That is awesome. Sergeant shouldn't have been able to do that unless it was in a subsequent turn, though; split fire attacks still have to be declared simultaneously. [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?29630-Using-Split-fire-to-destroy-vehicle-then-disembarked-unit]Discussed that issue[/url] pretty thoroughly earlier this year.

oh......well now i know....now i feel bad......
    Purge the Weak!

Brother-Captain

Yeah, that whole issue has been dealt with quite well already with the fact that Space Wolf Long Fang squads have had split-fire for over three years and it is the same rule -- so yeah, no popping a vehicle and then trying to use split-fire to then shoot whoever was inside it. Doesn't happen that way.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast