BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Rather surprisingly, I just worked that even with IF centurions grav cannons will put more HP off vehicles than lascannons at any AV. The benefit you get from TLLC are the chance for a lucky pen, but you do lose flexibility in targets you can realistically threaten.
    [url]http://i.imgur.com/LM0uq1E.jpg[/url]

I saw 2 units in 2 different games in action today, and the grav amp/cannon load out did kill some Necrons pretty efficiently. The las/missile load out is pretty predictable, they just killed some Ork Boyz while I was watching (like most other shooting weapons).

I think if they could be put in a Drop Pod they'd be much more effective than on foot however, though the las/missiles on a Skyshield would be pretty tough to erase! I really can't see the assault versions working too well, basically Mutilators, though at least the Centurions strike at Initiative 4 right? Just got to get them there and not die first. Vs. MCs they're toast however, but they can't be Vector Struck to death

Quote Originally Posted by GravesDisease View Post
    Rather surprisingly, I just worked that even with IF centurions grav cannons will put more HP off vehicles than lascannons at any AV. The benefit you get from TLLC are the chance for a lucky pen, but you do lose flexibility in targets you can realistically threaten.
    [url]http://i.imgur.com/LM0uq1E.jpg[/url]
    The rules for grav weapons specify that the roll is taken instead of an armor penetration roll so I don't believe tank hunter affects it

Brother-Captain

Tank Hunter does not add anything to Grav Weapon rolls, because its not a penetrating hit.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Again, Centurions already reroll with grav amps, and devs can't really take grav weapons. So it's a bit of a moot point.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Iron Father

I was thinking of 5 centurions on an aegis defence line with the sarge on the lascannon, the 4 main guys with grav and the sarge with a lascannon of his own. With Decimator protocols and the omniscope the Sarge can snipe away with both Lascannons and the others at other targets. All with missile launchers too. Obviously a bit pricy points wise but would make a fearsome gun line.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

You guys need to keep in mind that grav-cannons are only 24" range...just keep that in mind.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Veteran-Sergeant

You've missed the point of my post entirely. Earlier in this thread people are saying that it's less attractive to get the grav cannon since any benefit you get from tank hunter on the unit, if imperial fist, is lost by choosing that weapon option. What I had shown was that even though you get no tank hunter based benefits off of it, it's still solid AV.

Also I don't see why you'd keep them behind a defence line. They are intended to be mobile -that's why you pay a premium for them above normal devastators.
    Last edited by GravesDisease; 09-15-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

They can all be mobile, but only the Grav Cannon Dev Tubbies 'need' to be mobile in order to stay a threat. On foot, they are by far the easiest load out for an opponent to avoid, especially one of the faster armies. Even if you decide to swap in ML's you're going to stay in the 24" range of the Grav cannons as much as possible or your rate of fire goes into the toliet. As long as the Hurricane Bolters's are swapped out for the ML I don't think the Land Raider is a 'need' using the Heavy Bolters/ML (36" and 48"), and definitely not if you go with the Lascannon/ML (both 48"). With those two load outs + the Omniscope for Night Vision/Split Fire the Tubbies can use their range/night vision/split fire to provide long range fire support. They might never/rarely have to move. Add the Skyshield (it's so popular!! hehe) with three Typhoons and Tiggy(Perfect Timing for Tubbies, Prescience for Typhoons!) for about 750pts of serious reach out and touch someone fire power, all with a 4++. Not bad at all IMO if you're putting together a a 1750+ point force.

Regardless, they're all very kewl and useful IMO.
    Last edited by biffster666; 09-15-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Great thread guys. I'm putting together my first three. Plan on getting another two (last one will be a counts as Master of the Forge or Chapter Master in T Armor). The arms are easily magnitized so choice of arms is situational. My question is cost of missiles vs h bolters. At 310 points for 3 guys with lascannons and missile launchers. I can get two predator annhilators for that.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast