BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Here's my take: they don't actually expect to sell any of these. Rather, it's a marketing ploy to generate chatter amongst the nerd-set.
    This is what I was thinking too. Allthough a millionare might buy it for his son or something.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Iron Father

It is rather ridiculous. Personally if I had that kind of money to flitter away, it would be on a trip to disney for the kids.

A full company might tempt me one day, but a whole chapter. Not going to happen.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

This is just...awesome.

I don't know why, but it makes me happy that this exists.

Maybe it's just seeing the chapter laid out like this in models? Something about it is just cool.

I am a little curious as to who's going to wind up buying these, though...you know -someone- will.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Australians might buy it, have some plastic crack mules smuggle it across the boarder and make a tidy profit undercutting GW's silly pricing down there.

TBH, I cannot think of a more effective way to kill off my love for the hobby than to have a whole chapter in unopened boxes piled around my house. The sheer size of the task would just depress me and make me take up a new hobby to escape from this one.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to have that many unassembled and unpainted models sitting there. Just thinking about an assembly/modeling queue that big depresses me. What kind of masochist would do that to himself even if he could afford it?

Here's my take: they don't actually expect to sell any of these. Rather, it's a marketing ploy to generate chatter amongst the nerd-set.
    So, you think it's a prestige item? Like how many game stores have $80 dice made of semi-precious stones in the dice case. They don't expect to sell them - well, to sell many of them - but it generates interest to see them sitting there.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Exactly! It gets the nerds (us) buzzing!
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

There's some rich people out there. And not just petrochemical billionaires. I'm sure it'll sell a handful.

But yes, it's mostly to say, hey, look at this cool thing!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    There's some rich people out there. And not just petrochemical billionaires. I'm sure it'll sell a handful.

But yes, it's mostly to say, hey, look at this cool thing!
    Though, I was thinking about said retirement benefits. Maybe I'll get one for myself in thirty years when I retire from teaching... they do say that part of the problem that districts have is that by the time you've been teaching for 35 years and qualify for 90% of your pay for life as a severance package, most teachers are like old leather and go on to live into their 90s. That should give me enough time to finish a chapter before I go to the Emperor's rest...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

My brother pointed out that if it included a free trip to Warhammer World, to be personally presented with your Chapter by Phil Kelly, it'd probably sell more. I'm inclined to agree.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

This whole chapter makes me want to pull out my SMs from storage. I've not had time lately to work on them, but considering I've got 2 battle companies, Vet company, devastator company and a 50+ model death company, I would think I'm well to having a chapter myself (although I only have 1 actual rhino....tons of other vehicles though.)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast