BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Actually it comes with 47 of them and 10 Razorbacks (4 separate plus the 6 that are in the 6 Strike Force boxes that the deal includes). But I'd guess the vehicles that Kawauso is referring to are the ones on the Ultramarine's Chapter Org list in the 5th ed codex, that are not in this deal. The 5th edition codex lists the Ultramarine's Armoury as having:

25 Predators
    8 Vindicators
    9 Whirlwinds
    12 Land Raiders (13 counting Maximus which is listed separately)

The sixth edition codex lists the Armoury as having:

52 Battle Tanks (combining Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindicators, Hunters & Stalkers)
    12 Land Raiders (No separate listing for Maximus this time)
    14 Gunships
    24 Centurion Suits
    19 Land Speeders

In this deal you get:

5 Predators
    2 Vindicators
    3 Whirlwinds
    7 Stalker/Hunters
    10 Land Raiders
    3 Stormraven Gunships
    7 Stormtalon Gunships
    11 Land Speeders (plus another 5 that are Storms)
    36 Centurion Suits (12 squad boxes)

Exactly. And unlisted in the Ultramarines Force Org in either codex are the Land Raiders of the first company (it has LR variants assigned to it which are not part of the chapter's motor pool) as well as the Rhino/Razorback transports which, unless I'm mistaken, are assigned on a permanent basis to about every squad in the chapter. Which means they should have something like ~80-90 Rhinos/Razorbacks (1 per squad, perhaps less in the 1st company and none in the 10th).

I think it'd make sense for most squads to have access to drop pods, too, so combined with the Dreadnoughts and support machinery like Thunderfire Cannons, etc. you're looking at around ~90-100 Drop Pods...

I realize I'm being nit-picky, but this is an insane, over-the-top purchase we're talking about...they could at least endeavour to make it more accurate, yeah? Or, as Arkhan said, have the motor pool be a separate purchase or something.
    Last edited by Kawauso; 09-18-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Exactly. And unlisted in the Ultramarines Force Org in either codex are the Land Raiders of the first company (it has LR variants assigned to it which are not part of the chapter's motor pool) as well as the Rhino/Razorback transports which, unless I'm mistaken, are assigned on a permanent basis to about every squad in the chapter. Which means they should have something like ~80-90 Rhinos/Razorbacks (1 per squad, perhaps less in the 1st company and none in the 10th).

I think it'd make sense for most squads to have access to drop pods, too, so combined with the Dreadnoughts and support machinery like Thunderfire Cannons, etc. you're looking at around ~90-100 Drop Pods...

I realize I'm being nit-picky, but this is an insane, over-the-top purchase we're talking about...they could at least endeavour to make it more accurate, yeah? Or, as Arkhan said, have the motor pool be a separate purchase or something.
    You should read the fine print. This is what Calgar deployed at the Battle of Orar's Sepulchre 888.M41
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    You should read the fine print. This is what Calgar deployed at the Battle of Orar's Sepulchre 888.M41
    Eh, I noticed that, but it's still called a 'complete chapter'. So it's only kind of correct...and that's the sort of tiny detail that bugs me.

Also it's strange that the deployment includes more Centurion suits than their codex depicts as existing in the entire chapter...unless in this battle they lost a bunch that they haven't replaced.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

I'd think drop pods would be fleet assets, so would depend on the number per strike cruiser/ battle barge.
    iirc I read a battle barge can deploy three companies simultaneously, so even if we assume one company is going by Thunderhawk, that's the ability to launch twenty drop pods at once... and supposing they need refurbishment/maintenance between deployments they probably carry considerably more...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Eh, I noticed that, but it's still called a 'complete chapter'. So it's only kind of correct...and that's the sort of tiny detail that bugs me.

Also it's strange that the deployment includes more Centurion suits than their codex depicts as existing in the entire chapter...unless in this battle they lost a bunch that they haven't replaced.
    I think that's the point. The size of a chapter, and the assets that a chapter has is always in flux.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Captain

All I'll say is this, it's big and actually saves you money (thanks Katharon).
    GW have released a bundle deal where you save money.
    I say again, you save money.
    $1393.75 saving is actually pretty good (over 10%).
    That doesn't take into account the discount on the Strike Forces either I'm guessing?
    I would like to see more of this.
    At smaller scales. 1 click bundles providing 10% discounts and BFs etc sticking to their fixed 1-kit-free model would actually offer decent pricing.
    You know what just figured for me. In the uK that means a stafer can buy an entire chapter of marines for £3.75K
    That ain't bad!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Captain

Just noticed that it has been dropped in price from £7065 to £7000. As Tesco would say "Every little helps!"
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Well that's made all the difference to my buying plans.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Just noticed that it has been dropped in price from £7065 to £7000. As Tesco would say "Every little helps!"
    Yup, it also dropped in America to $11,500 (was $11,690). Could be the first time in history that GW has lowered their price on something!
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

It's not anything like the first time.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast