BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think that talent for murder should stay at the very least. That is really the VIIIth legion in a nut shell, preying on the weak and avoiding a fair fight. That is also where Life Before Honor also comes in, they don't fight fair and they don't go picking fights they cant win just cause. The CSM rule is really only for the marines that worship the dark gods praying for deamonic gifts. I cant really see most Night Lords risking their life in a fair fight for rewards from gods that they don't even like.

Brother-Captain

Talent for murder is pretty cool i admit, but I'm trying to steer clear of just adopting the 30K rules. Much like the chapter traits in 40k vs 30K for marines.
    As for the whole challenges thing: I see the Modern Nightlord as willing to die for his cause, Curze style, and just as corrupt as the rest really. Think about the ADB nightlords books, /*SPOILERS*/ only Talos is really free of chaos taint by the end. And the entire first claw stand and die willingly in the end. /*SPOILERS*/
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

They had no other real choice then, they could have died in space or on the ground. They were just going to take as many of them to hell before they died. Just remember earlier SPOILER With the Genises Chapters company champion they were not about to honor duel him. They all rushed him and fought like it was a street brawl. SPOILER

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicsarge55 View Post
    Just remember earlier SPOILER
    You say that, but really SPOILER it was Xarl dueling him to the bitter death and the others assisting SPOILER, much like the duel rules in 40k in fact.

SPOILER Yeah but Xarl was prideful and really didn't have a choice.SPOILER Maybe change Life Before Honor to may decline a challenge against an opponent with more attacks on a successful leadership test, but must accept if the opponent has fewer attacks. Then call it Life Before Pride, Pride Before Honor.

Brother-Captain

Yeah, I see champions as innately so, that's what make the rule so good. After all no champion of chaos would swallow his pride when presented with a chance for glory in the name of the dark gods. The only difference with the KL is that some of them reject the fact that they are as much playthings of chaos as the rest of the traitor legions.
    Anyhow, please test the list and post some shiny results and or findings here!

Seems someone continued your work. The rumors were saying this was coming from GW/FW but it uses alot of bits of your rules.

[URL="http://www.4shared.com/office/yJU0N3Y0ba/NightLords_v08_-_Unknown.html"]http://www.4shared.com/office/yJU0N3Y0ba/NightLords_v08_-_Unknown.html[/URL]

Brother-Captain

Wow. That's a LOT of my work, lots of the rules and wargear names haven't even been changed!
    On the one hand I'm kinda flattered, on the other it seems like they could have at least shoved a credit at the end, or posted here that they're working on them. Where did you get the link for this?
    This project isn't forgotten BTW, it's just with 2 CSM supplements it seemed less important (that and i've changed continents).

EDIT: Oh, and needless to say I prefer mine. Although some of their ideas are pretty good, their formatting etc is rubbish though.
    Last edited by Kaptain Badrukk; 03-16-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123