BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Imperial Aces Expansion for X-Wing

[URL="http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4357Imperial Aces Expansion for X-Wing"]Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the Imperial Aces Expansion Pack for X-Wing™![/URL]

Imperial Aces features two TIE interceptor miniatures with alternate paint schemes, several highly skilled new pilots, a dozen upgrade cards, and all the tokens and maneuver dials you need to field these ships. It also includes a new mission that allows the Empire to utilize new, experimental technology in a high-intensity clash with Rebel pilots.

The 181st Imperial Fighter Wing and the Emperor’s Royal Guard

Fly your TIE with pride! The alternate paint schemes on the TIE interceptor miniatures from the Imperial Aces Expansion Pack allow you to wage your X-Wing dogfights while representing either or both of two of the Empire’s most recognizable TIE units: the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing and the Emperor’s Royal Guard.

Also known as the Saber Squadron, the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing was an elite TIE unit and one of the Empire’s premier fighter groups. Led by Soontir Fel, the group’s aces marked the wings of their TIE interceptors with distinctive bloodstripes as soon as they recorded ten combat kills. Because of the group’s elite composition, nearly all of its TIE interceptors proudly displayed these red, horizontal stripes, and they feature prominently on one of the TIE interceptor miniatures from the Imperial Aces Expansion Pack.

New Pilots and Upgrades

The expansion’s variant TIE interceptors are just the beginning of what it offers players.

For example, players are certain to appreciate the eight ship cards in Imperial Aces, which introduce the unique talents of some of the Empire’s greatest warriors. You’ll find four unique pilots, like Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax, whose special abilities open a wide variety of new strategies and greatly expand your squad-building options. You’ll also benefit from the efficient lethality of the Royal Guard Pilot, the highest skilled of all non-unique X-Wing pilots to this point.

Imperial Aces adds further flexibility to your squad design with twelve upgrade cards (two copies each of six different upgrades). You’ll find a mix of elite pilot talents like Opportunist and new modifications like Targeting Computer and Hull Upgrade. Also, because you can’t normally upgrade a TIE interceptor with more than one elite pilot talent and a single Modification upgrade, you’ll likely find plenty of good reasons to use the expansion’s new Title upgrade, Royal Guard TIE, which permits your most skillful TIE pilots to take the helm of fighters with multiple Modifications.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

Imperial Aces Pilot Cards

Imperial Aces Upgrade Cards

Do want. Even if I still haven't managed to play a game as Imperials, I still intend to and could always use more interceptors, and of course upgrade cards. Now where's the X-wing aces pack FF?

Squee!

Librarian

well it saves me painting one up

just in time for me starting to expand my imperials too

I have yet to actually play a game of X-Wing, but I want these for my growing Imperial fleet...
    My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

Fly Lord

You should really give it a shot NockerGeek.

The easiest way to start as in Imperial is grab 2 starter boxes, for 4 TIEs, then add ships at your leisure.

Then you have 2 X-Wings to hook your friends.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    You should really give it a shot NockerGeek.

The easiest way to start as in Imperial is grab 2 starter boxes, for 4 TIEs, then add ships at your leisure.

Then you have 2 X-Wings to hook your friends.
    But doesn't this game have lots of limited edition ships or something?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    But doesn't this game have lots of limited edition ships or something?
    Not at all, you just buy the ships, take em out and start playing. There were shortages due to insane demand earlier this year, but FFG sorted those all out.

I'm off to grab some TIE Bombers and a Lambda tomorrow!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast