BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Healthcare

Chaplain

we should make a bank of the Imperium and just charge people 2.5% on interest. Then use all the profit to buy out GW/FW/BL and make them for the people again.

Now back on topic, I think Australia has got it right as far as health care goes but with it being sold by our new government we are screwed... But health care for everyone is not sustainable long term at lest simply it is people live to long.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah we're about to get ****ed over chronic. There already purging their "advisors" of anyone that might offer an opinion that doesn't support their stupid *** backwards agenda.

It really is as if romney had won the american election......

EDIT: people aren't really living a lot longer (a bit longer but not a lot) the rise in life expectancy in the last 30 years or so is more to do with the dramatic decline in infant mortality.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

most women are expected to live to 90 and men to 80 or 70. this is for gen X and the first half of gen Y the old numbers that we know only really apply to baby boomers. and the decrease in infant mortality has just made the population rise. And you speak the truth there I say we just go and start poping skulls and stop when we have no more old ****ers in politics

Occuli Imperator

Australia's system has the issue of geography. That is to say that there is a disparity between the level and quality of care/services provided to those in rural areas and those in urban. It happens in the UK, and that is very small area compared with Australia and has much higher population densities so there must also be the problem over there.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Are there some things I don't believe should be NHS? Yes. Like non-facial disfigurement cosmetic surgery, gastric bands as an alternative to you know, actually dieting and increasing exercise, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
    Yes.

The two folks I know that have a vertical sleeve gastrectomy had no other options... WLS is typically not an act of laziness, but desperation. WLS procedures and post WLS life are/is hardly easy. You have to watch your nutrition intake closer than most professional athletes do and take as many supplements as a cancer patient. And you have to deal with people making assumptions about who you are as a person because you chose to take charge of your health in a way that isn't popular. The lazy stereotype is tired, stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Second that. I suppose there might be some people who do it because they're lazy? But as The Girl says, the shape of your life for the next year after surgery is very disciplined; hardly the sort of thing that would appeal to the lazy. The only people I know who've had this surgery really were desperate, and although their lives improved eventually, things sucked for the year or so after the procedure.

I would think due to the nature of the health systems, mystery's scenario is far more likely to occur here than in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    most women are expected to live to 90 and men to 80 or 70. this is for gen X and the first half of gen Y the old numbers that we know only really apply to baby boomers. and the decrease in infant mortality has just made the population rise. And you speak the truth there I say we just go and start poping skulls and stop when we have no more old ****ers in politics
    But hasn't it been suggested that generation Z is the first that will have a shorter life expectancy than their parents?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    But hasn't it been suggested that generation Z is the first that will have a shorter life expectancy than their parents?
    Yes.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Good! Sorry to sound harsh, but the current generation don't impress me at all.

They're the product of the greedy 80's, and the 'me me me and f*** you' philosophy that engendered.

Look at Hipsters. Look at Reality TV. Look at the drivel they listen to.

That's a generation we really shouldn't want to repeat.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

*clone*
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 09-19-2013 at 02:28 AM. Reason: posted same post twice...again ¬_¬

Chapter-Master

They're the product of the greedy 80's, and the 'me me me and f*** you' philosophy that engendered.

**** you

damn made your point

Every generation thinks that about the next generation though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast