BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thor 2

Occuli Imperator

One thing I noticed. Someone must have done something wrong lots of her flesh is covered up and the breast plate actually looks like it might be useful... someone really needs to learn how female armour classes work...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Ads always lie. In fact, I think movie trailers are usually outsourced to a group of people who specialize in that one specific area. They're not concerned with accurately depicting the movie, they just do what they think will draw the most people. Which makes for some awesome trailers, but don't take the trailers themselves too seriously.
    This is 100% true, there are "Trailer Gurus" who exist entirely to make trailers for films they've not worked on. They may give it a cursory watch and get a gist of the plot, but more often one of their subordinates watches the "product" and they just oversee the "placement".
    It explains why films like the fast and the furious films can still look slightly appealing in the trailers when the films have suck to the utter low that have now reached.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Occuli Imperator

Urgh remember the rise of the silver surfer trailer? It was the whole film. The film itself was the trailler plus about 90mins of filler..
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Yup. Or the Simpsons movie, which had a 6 minute trailer which ruined the punchline of 2/3rds of the jokes.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Ads always lie. In fact, I think movie trailers are usually outsourced to a group of people who specialize in that one specific area. They're not concerned with accurately depicting the movie, they just do what they think will draw the most people. Which makes for some awesome trailers, but don't take the trailers themselves too seriously.
    Spot on. I remember Pegg and Frost being interviewed about one of their films (Paul, I think) and saying they had absolutely no input whatsoever on trailers and advertising and were somewhat miffed that the trailers didn't really accurately portray their film.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Needs more Sif
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Needs more Sif
    You're gonna say that about the real film no matter how good....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Until she gets her own film, yes. Seriously though I'm really looking forward to Thor 2 regardless of Sif screentime. Plus it looks like Frigga gets to be bad arse for a bit at least so yay.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I laughed a lot at Jane slapping Loki, his reaction was priceless. Ah I can't wait to see this movie. The first was enjoyable, but really mediocre compared to most of the other Phase I films.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I wouldn't call it mediocre personally, it was hamstrung by being 'god versus god in a vicious fight to the de..oh right gods' but it was entertaining and fun. Better than The Incredible Hulk anyway and roughly level with Captain America.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast