BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Warhammer 40,000 Innocence (formerly known as Inquisitor)

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyi@Warseer
    so it's clear now, that DE will be released during two months. October we will have warrior, witch elves, blood throne, Kharibdyss (dont know what is it), and a plastic shadowblade.
    as we can see GW has put bg, chariot and dark riders to next month along with innocence(the 40K table game,i'm 95% certain that it will be in November). for good reason we can split our money
    So looks like this is* happening afterall.

*rumoured to be
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-22-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Cool, I've been looking forward to the new mystery box and was beginning to think that it wasn't happening.

First-Captain

40k and Innocence are two things that go together about as well as ...uh... an Iron Warrior and an Imperial Fist? The Commissariat and Xenos Love? Lots of Alcohol and Psychic Powers?

big pinch of salt for the title from me... the fact of the game in and of itself pops up so often that it seems probable...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

You're forgetting the motto of the Inquisition:

Innocence proves nothing.

If it's happening it would be a reference to that. The Dark Elf prices posted by zhangyi have been corroborated by someone else via an indie retailer so that may add some weight to the boxed set too.

Edit: Still a bit of an odd choice I grant you, I do wonder if it isn't a mistranslation or something.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well, this confirms that the rumours are bunk.

After all, there is no such thing as innocence.

Chapter-Master

The trouble with rumors is that until we see something hard - a leaked photo, a leaked release schedule, soemthing - we still don't know. There actually are people who are big enough jerks to troll the community, so the more times something ping on the rumor-dar, it's not necessarily more likely that it will be a real thing. Rumors lead to buzz, but buzz leads to "rumors."

That said, it's another data point. I'm just trying hard not to get my hopes up.

And it is hard. I mean, how awesome would that be? Especially if the scale is such that we could use the models as sergeants and other characters in our 40k games?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    The trouble with rumors is that until we see something hard
    never ask to see something hard on the internet

hoping it is true, I would love some more hot inquisitor action, whatever they name it.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Battle-Brother

From a purely business perspective, how much money does GW expect to make from small squad skirmish game, especially if it's in the 28mm range? I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool. I, for one, would love it. I just hope that the rumours are true, and aren't just rumours.

Except for the title. The title sucks.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dann View Post
    From a purely business perspective, how much money does GW expect to make from small squad skirmish game, especially if it's in the 28mm range? I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool. I, for one, would love it. I just hope that the rumours are true, and aren't just rumours.
    Infinity is enormously popular. Mercs has survived quite healthfully for years. To this day, Confrontation still has a cult following, and if the IP's current owners decided to go for it, they could probably resurrect it easily. How many of those folks also play 40k? How many of them would be overjoyed to grab a mystery box that allowed them to play a similar game in the 40k universe and give them the opportunity to use those unique and characterful models in ordinary 40k games?

I'm not saying it would definitely work. I'm just saying there's no reason to believe that it definitely wouldn't, either.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dann View Post

Except for the title. The title sucks.
    If it's a limited run using 40k size miniatures that are unique to the game I reckon it will sell quite well. If it comes with some terrain (like Necromunda and Gorkamorka did) I think it will sell more still. There will be people who buy it for the game itself (I certainly would) and there will be some 40k players who buy it just for the gaming pieces.

If it does sell well, then GW have the option, should they wish, to continue to support it in the future. I mean think of the possibilities:

New Inquisitor Warbands
    Rules for using IG squads (or even Space Marines)
    Rules Cultist warbands (Chaos or Genestealer)
    Rules for Xenos warbands (Eldar of either variety, Tau, Orks perhaps even Nids)

Obviously this assumes that the "black box" release is a skirmish game rather than a board game (like Warhammer Quest or Space Hulk). But I do think there is enormous potential to create entry points into the 40k game should GW wish to take advantage of it - a decision that will be made largely on sales.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast