BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default My 1850 pt. 6th Ed. Tau List

Tell me what you think. Where do you see weaknesses, strengths, whatever. Any input is appreciated. I hope to use this as a tournament list, so it's meant for versatility. I could explain each choice, but I think it'd be easier to just answer questions and respond to suggestions, so have at it:

HQ
    Commander
    Flamer, Vectored Retro-Thrusters, Command and control node, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Sensor Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer
    1 Shield Drone

Ethereal
    Homing Beacon
    2 Shield Drones

Troops
    Fire Warrior Team
    12 Fire Warriors, Bonding Knife Ritual

Fire Warrior Team
    12 Fire Warriors, Bonding Knife Ritual

Kroot Carnivore Squad
    10 Kroot with Sniper Rounds
    1 Kroot Hound

Elites
    XV104 Riptide
    Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, Ion Accelerator, Velocity Tracker, Early Warning Overdrive

XV8 Crisis Team
    3 Crisis Shas'ui each with 2 missile pods, 2 with Counter Defense Systems, 1 with Vectored Retro-Thrusters
    3 Shield Drones

XV8 Crisis Team
    2 Crisis Shash'ui each with Plasma Rifles, Fusion Blasters, and Stimulant Injectors
    1 Crisis Shash'vre with Plasma Rifle, Vectored Retro-Thrusters, and an Onager Gauntlet

Fast Attack
    Pathfinder Team
    7 Pathfinders, Bonding Knife Ritual

Pathfinder Team
    7 Pathfinders, Bonding Knife Ritual

Razorshark Strike Fighter
    Disruption Pod, Automated repair system, Blacksun Filter, Decoy Launchers

Heavy Support
    XV88 Broadside Team
    2 Broadside Shash'ui each with High-Yield Missile Pods and seeker missiles, 1 with a Target Lock

Hammerhead Gunship
    Longstrike, Disruption Pod, Submunition Rounds, Automated Repair System, Sensor Spine, Blacksun Filter

Scout

Correct me if im wrong but i only see 1 velocity tracker on a riptide. If so, you are strongly lacking in the anti-air department which might lead to frustration vs armies like Nids or 3-4 hell turkey chaos. This is the biggest weakness i see.

Also, i would urge you to reajust points por another Broadside (veocity trackers on all 3) and another Riptide, 2 Riptides are of the esence, 1 just doesnt cut it in competitive (at lest not where i play). You could probable get most points of Crisis suits, truth be told they are not that good.

IMO razorshark is a wate of points, nice model but completely worthless, drop it.

Lastly, Hammerhead is good and better with longstrike, however i must warn you, against some armies it will be godlike (i.e. Imperial guard) and against other it will do nothing (i.e. Tyranids, yes it can kill a few gants or pick out awound on a big bug, but it will not stop big bugs nor a horde of gaunts streaming constantly form a couple of tervigons). Not saying it´s a bad choice, just that it´s point-cost-efective half the time in a tournament.

Hope it helps :3

Shield Drones I find are not as versitile in this edition. I would almost always prefer to have the extra shooting from a gun/marker drone than the chance I might actually get to use the 4+ invul.

Why all the bonding knife rituals? If you squad both breaks and is far enough away from the ethereal its unlikely they will rally on their low leadership anyways.

Other than that I think Bleak hit all the big points.