BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Football (Soccer)

In all my time here, I've not seen a single thread devoted to the world game. What blasphemy is this!?

Anyway, discuss
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Probably something to do with few of us caring about a bunch of massively overpaid overrated primadonnas working for 90 minutes a week and expecting us to treat them like gods...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

I think we had one, but I have a feeling it was suitably sarcasticly named.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

We had a nice thread about Carlos Tevez...[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?28478-Carlos-Tevez[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Probably something to do with few of us caring about a bunch of massively overpaid overrated primadonnas working for 90 minutes a week and expecting us to treat them like gods...
    A bit harsh, most footballers are your run of the mill sports player that are just trying to do their job. Contrary to belief, most football players aren't divers.
    Realistically though, yes, most professional athletes are probably overpaid.

Anyway, I'm sure there would be a quite a few fans here too, it is easily the most popular sport in the world after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    We had a nice thread about Carlos Tevez...[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?28478-Carlos-Tevez[/url]
    Yeah but that was about Tevez, not the sport as a whole

To kick us off, some pretty good results in the EPL over the weekend. Some shockers with Liverpool and Newcastle both losing at home, and an entertaining game in the Manchester derby.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

I hate sport...
    Though I used to enjoy watching Ice hockey. And the olympics gave me an appreciation for female field hockey I previously lacked.
    And I like to know the mighty blades are doing well,
    but beyond that I'm, too busy gaming to pay attention to sport.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Di Canio got fired.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Am a Chicago Fire fan here (MLS) am frustrated with the mediocrity of the team. On the international note... Dos a cero to qualify for brazil! What a game!!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I hate sport...
    Though I used to enjoy watching Ice hockey. And the olympics gave me an appreciation for female field hockey I previously lacked.
    And I like to know the mighty blades are doing well,
    but beyond that I'm, too busy gaming to pay attention to sport.
    Fair enough, sport isn't for everyone. My LGS manager actively discourages any discussion of it in the store lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Di Canio got fired.
    Yep. They seemed to be doing ok under him last season, which is unfortunate. I loved his passion, he's still a legend in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    Am a Chicago Fire fan here (MLS) am frustrated with the mediocrity of the team. On the international note... Dos a cero to qualify for brazil! What a game!!
    Good stuff! When Australia qualified, my family and I were in a restaurant. When Kennedy scored the winning goal, my father started screaming and jumping up and down. All thirty people in the area thought he was barking mad!
    Check out my blog!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Fair enough, sport isn't for everyone. My LGS manager actively discourages any discussion of it in the store lol.

Yep. They seemed to be doing ok under him last season, which is unfortunate. I loved his passion, he's still a legend in my books.

Good stuff! When Australia qualified, my family and I were in a restaurant. When Kennedy scored the winning goal, my father started screaming and jumping up and down. All thirty people in the area thought he was barking mad!
    Got a question for you, whats with the aussies moving to the AFC? I know oceania sucks but it was a guaranteed world cup practically! (Also your thoughts on it)
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast