BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

It THE hobby, not YOUR hobby.
    As my old boss at GW used to say.
    Which he took to mean, help and encourage people with what they want to do, even if that means painting "Whinnie the pooh marines" or building the beardiest neck beard army since the national pogonophilia in Beardneck city.
    I miss those days.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

tis truly the way. My "Lucky Blue Helmets" Tau fire warriors are much more reslient due to their stupid nickname. My Rokkit Launchas hit more often than my MISSile pods. It is a game of loaded chance where the whimsical hope (Blind on warp Talons for example) can come off and be more worth noting in the old Risk Diary than "I annihilated another fool!!Bwahahahahah!!
    Play Fluff.

Chaplain

I used to be an Ork and got into the whole naming thing with the mobs. One of my stars was a Skarboy called Primroze cause e wuz the baddest boy around. I used him in the first game I ever played and he was the sole survivor of Whirlwind strike. In every game since when he played he either won or nicked off to the pub to get the drinks in for the survivors of the day's frivolities.

I had a Mek called Tinkaz-Cus who had 3 oilers, Wingnutz, Lugnutz and Numbnutz. My waagh boss was Hammasmak Throbz and you guessed it, his retinue was called Throbz Nobz. The boys followed a looted demolisher called Grimdaize, a Tank Buster Nob called AmmeranTongz and a Nob with a power klaw called Splattagutz.

Sadly the new codex just changed too much for me and a switched to Eldar whom I lose with almost as much but with less of an excuse. But I do enjoy the games where your opponent is not a barracks room lawyer.

Veteran-Sergeant

KHORNEKHORNEKHORNEKHORNE!

you ever run an all Berzerker army against Tau? Pain. Blood for the Blood God. Its like the last bit of the final battle in "The Last Samurai", until the remaining 10 or so models in six different units dismantle the gun line.

Its all sorts of Glorious.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go!
    Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go!

Orks luv duh punk rok! 6th edition takes me back to 2nd/3rd edition from a fun factor. I think all the players who are on the 6th edition being the shootiest edition and CC is 'dead' bandwagon are about to get some serious CC up in their grill. I can't wait!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12