BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Other people's craziness should not be a reason to limit your behaviour. He was crossing the road despite there being oncoming traffic, she warned him not to knock her off, then he clearly tells her to shut up to which she responds with the finger. He created the situation by doing something wrong, he escalated it when called out on it and then goes absolutely nuts when she dares to respond. He is clearly a nutter with massive entitlement issues.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Doesn't a pedestrian technically have right of way once they've started crossing though? Obviously you're less likely to just step out in front of a car for obvious reasons.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I don't believe so. They are required to wait until the road is clear according to the highway code. The only exception I could find covers when you are turning into a junction. In this situation you do give way to them as they may have started crossing before it was clear you were turning. Zebra crossings are the only other situation where you give way to them that I am aware of.

Edit: That said, failing to slow down for a chump who steps out into the road would probably still be classed as your fault in court.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Yeah sorry I'm probably mis applying the junction one.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34056844[/url]
    Continuation of the story Psychosplodge linked yesterday. Apparently the man in question has not been arrested for pushing a cyclist off their bike. Isn't that assault?
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

I was surprised at that as well.

Occuli Imperator

The worrying thing is that the MET release this from 01-May, seriously this is a quarter of a year later.

Warning parody

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Other people's craziness should not be a reason to limit your behaviour. He was crossing the road despite there being oncoming traffic, she warned him not to knock her off, then he clearly tells her to shut up to which she responds with the finger. He created the situation by doing something wrong, he escalated it when called out on it and then goes absolutely nuts when she dares to respond. He is clearly a nutter with massive entitlement issues.
    He created it but SHE escalated it by flipping the bird she, could have let it go, secure in the knowledge that she wasn't at fault. Instead pride took over and sadly she paid the price.
    . I admire the moxy of cyclists but cars beat bikes and theres no shame in letting things like that go.

Occuli Imperator

Because swearing at someone is equivalent to assault?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

Latest proposed rule changes in Australia to allow cyclists to not remain seated at all times

[url]http://m.mynrma.com.au/get-involved/advocacy/news/proposed-road-rules-changes-raise-eyebrows.htm[/url]

(And some other strange rules)

They don't have the monopoly on weird rules

California - You can't cycle in a swimming pool
    Germany - You can lose the right to operate any non-licensed mode of transport (including a skateboard) if found drunk in charge of a bicycle
    Yangon - cycling is banned altogether, since 2003 when police announced certain "busy roads" were closed to bicycles. As such, most of the city centre is out of bounds for bike travel
    Saudi Arabia - women aren't allowed to ride bikes or operate vehicles on the road. A woman can only legally cycle in a park, wearing a burka, with a male chaperone.

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast