BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

So imagine you are the most sucessful British Olympian Ever.

Sir Chris Hoy.

Now imagine that they build a velodrome and name it after you.

Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome.

Then imagine you enter your namesake and get asked for ID.

Now what would you do?

a) Make a big fus on the "Do you know who I am?" routine
    b) Quietly show ID making snarky comments
    c) Fly on to twitter to criticise
    d) Be Chris Hoy.

Being Chris Hoy you naturally do D, show your ID without any trump or sarcasm, then go onto to twitter to defend the person asking for ID when social media starts to rip them.

She was just doing her job!! RT “@Daily_Record: Sir @chrishoy stopped and asked for ID trying to get in...to the Sir Chris Hoy velodrome!"
    — Chris Hoy (@chrishoy) July 24, 2014
    - - - Updated - - -

Oh and a final grunt for Southwarks

Councillor Mark Williams, cabinet member for transport:
    The council sees the establishment of a 20 mph borough as significant step forward in ensuring the safety of all road users not least cyclists and pedestrians. To achieve this we feel that all vehicles should limit their speed to 20 mph.
    The report published on the 18 July to determine the statutory objections relating to a borough-wide 20mph speed limit makes it clear that orders made under Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 can apply to motor vehicles only and as such any prosecution by the police for breaches of the speed limit under that Act would be limited to motorised vehicles only. Accordingly the traffic order will be amended to make reference to "motorised vehicles" only.
    The council does not have powers to prosecute cyclists who travel in excess of 20 mph and recognises that dangerous cycling is a matter for the police alone. Nor are we seeking to " target" cyclists for enforcement, rather to reflect the concerns raised by pedestrians about the problems caused by a small minority of cyclists whose speed endangers other road users.
    Addtional Des Waters, the main proponent of trying to limit velocipedes also muttered something about having a new strategy to encourage cycling like in Denmarkand Holland
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Surely a comedy routine is the most appropriate response?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

The one day the secuirty guards wen through the "do you know who I am"- deathstar canteen act with me when I ndeeded a visitors pass. It was most excellent.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Just coming back from Battle Brothers at Warhammer World. Nottingham this time seems prolific with lycra clad imbeciles. I stopped at lights, one of them, didn't even go into the red cycling box at the front, which I didn't even encroach on even thought they slow me down just to convenience the 2 wheeled numpties. Did he stop there? No, just blazed through the red lights.

People like this, I don't mind being knocked off.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

You get red light jumpers on all forms of transport unfortunately, though I dodn't see you advocating for those to be involved in potentially life threatening situations, despite the result of car/bus/lorry drivers skipping them being far more fatal than bicyclists.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 07-28-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Actor Alec Baldwin was led away in handcuffs yesterday after being arrested in New York City for riding the wrong way up Fifth Avenue.

[image removed]

a police source said that after the 56-year-old was stopped by officers at around 10.15am yesterday morning and asked for identification, "He became belligerent, yelling and screaming at the officers, 'I don't have ID. Just give me the f*cking summonses.'"
    The actor Alec Baldwin has been cleared of charges for cycling the wrong way up a Fifth Avenue in New York City.

The judge whose comments are awesome in their own right and include:

- "Can you stay out of trouble, Alexander?"
    - "Be a good boy now, have a good day."

Occuli Imperator

Councillor John Andrew Quinn (Conservative) who represents the village of Embsay on Craven District Council claimed cyclists riding ahead of the Tour de France acted as “a law unto themselves”, rode through the village at 40 to 50mph and hinted they were responsible for knocking off car wing mirrors.

On June 29, Quinn stopped at the scene of a crash on Skipton Road, where a motorbike and side car had left the road, seriously injuring the rider. Although Quinn was not involved in the crash, police speaking to him at the scene noticed alcohol on his breath, Skipton magistrates court heard.

Quinn tested positive for alcohol in a roadside breath test and at the police station was subsequently found to have 61 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35. He was banned from driving for 18 months, fined £420 and ordered to pay costs of £85 and victim surcharge of £42.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Chapter-Master

I do find the victim surcharge wrong.
    Unless there is an identifiable victim, and in that case there's a compensation system anyway.
    All it is is an attempt to claw money out of third parties because they fail at enforcing compensation from people the courts have ordered to pay it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Yes, it is very strange the victim surcharge especially in the cases where there is no readily identifiable victim.

Chapter-Master

Does it not go into pot to compensate other people?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast