BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Mandatory re-tests every 5 years?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Nope.
    That'd just price the poor off the road.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Huzzah!

That would drive the fuel cost down.

If the retest was free it would cost too much, unless it were free unless you failed? Governement only driving instructors to provide lessons at cost? Hmm impractical, too much government.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Nope, it'd drive it up to maintain profits, like energy saving measures have added to fuel bills...

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25052674"]Met chief wouldn't cycle in London[/URL]

Occuli Imperator

The question is what is the mayor's office doing?

Occuli Imperator

Hard hitting documentery of the phenomeon of "hulking" and it's application to sports science.

Librarian

What confuses me is cyclist who choose to have a tiny light on a bike while they wear dark clothes on a dark bike at night time without a helmet, so many times I want to shout at them to put a high vid or make themselves more visible!

Occuli Imperator

"Interestingly", with hi-viz becoming more common place it is often not the best colour to wear as it becomes part of the scenary. What is better is reflective material.
    The helmet argument is very hard to talk about given the hugely conflicting research, some studies show helmet wearing increases collision rates.
    As for tiny lights, the question is whether they have lights to be seen or to see. I often cycle in unlight area and on high beam it is equivalent to my cars full beam, so I am ok, but this light on low is washed out by normal low pressure sodium lamps.
    I think it is also fair to say that there are a number of cars that drive around with headlights which either broken or just have side lights, which is annoying.

I have heard a conversation at work when one chap was complaining that cycle lights were too birght and they thought the oncoming light belong to a motorbike not a cycle.

Chapter-Master

It's the idiots with the flashing ones that annoy me.

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast