BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    No, and this is the problem, it is people who believe this are the sorts of people that kill cyclists.
    I have a 100% record in not killing cyclists.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Unfortunately not everyone who consider them to be 2nd class citizens do.

The fact of the matter is that 2 wheels or 4 every one is equal,
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

A brilliant example for you, happened this morning.

So I am cycling down a residential road, there is sufficient room for two cars to pass each other in opposite directions under normal circumstances. However there are all cars parked on the opposite side of the road to that which I am on, so already passing them a car pulls out from behind them and drives straight at me. I obviously have no where to go, so as he squeezes passes me calls me a "dickhead".

But he thinks that he has a right of way over me because I am a "second class road users", whereas, he should have waited for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Code
    Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should:
    + give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road

Fortunately, the whole incident is captured in glorious HD so when I talk to the coppers I can show them what happened.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

*cough* youtube *cough*

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Maybe.

Chapter-Master

If you want the footage to be evidence of alleged criminality, not youtube...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

I would rather take it to the authorities tehn let mob justice prevail. Maybe because that is fairest.

Chapter-Master

Are the coppers likely to do anything with it? Given that recent reports seem to indicate they are asking the public to solve their own burglaries, are they likely to give a stuff about minor road traffic offences?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

It varies widely force from force from what I understand.

There are some that would speak with the driver and others that would "take a note of it" in case of further complaints and others would go as far as issuing points (depending on the nature of the issue)

That being said, if you do not try, then you cannot really complain about it.

Yes, I completely, accept that it was a minor issue, however, the next time it might not be minor that same attitude might lead him to driving head long at a less experianced cyclist or in a narrower gap where they have no space to go.

I follow the rules of the road, I expect everyone else to. Despite knowing that there are loads of people that don't, regardless of what mode they use.

Chapter-Master

I wasn't trying to trivialise it by saying it is a minor issue, just that the police would probably view it as such. I quite agree that bad drivers need picking up before they do something much worse. You are right to purse it, just seems sad that it probably won't result in anything.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast